Electric Window Woes - Onetouch, Fob and Key - 2011 Facelift 1.6CR TDI

My car is a 1.6CR TDI Elegance estate registered in March 2011 with now just over 37000 miles recorded.

I have found numerous topics on onetouch issues but where operation with the key and fob still works. On my car now it does not.

To summarise -

I first found for the drivers window onetouch ( full rise / fall on the second position of the internal door switch ) was not working.

This can be restored by the standard method of fully opening the window, releasing the switch, operating the switch to open again for 3 seconds, fully closing the window, releasing the switch, operating the switch to close again for 3 seconds BUT as soon as the door is opened onetouch is lost until reset again.

Second the windows will not operate with the key in the steering lock and in the running position but the door open. This may be normal but I can not remember.

Third from outside the car the fob and the key in the door lock seem to operate the locks and alarm normally. However neither will operate the windows at all i.e. fob open and close buttons held down, key held in lock at limit of rotation, key released then turned again and held at limit of travel.

Fourth I have removed both window fuses for an hour but all is still the same after refitting and resetting onetouch both sides with the engine running.

Is there a topic covering this and hopefully an easy cheap fix I have missed that someone can link to?

If not any advice / suggestions will be appreciated.

If I remove the door card am I likely to see / find anything relevant given the window switches and the switch linked to the key lock seem to work?

If it is worth looking details of the best way / minimum risk of damaging or breaking anything will be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Sorted !!!

Following another thread I pulled off the cover and the red/white wire was fractured. I have added in about 40mm of wire and sleeved the joints.

It seems this wire is or over time gets pulled tight.

Once the connector was refitted the standard process of fully lowing the window, releasing then holding the switch, fully raising the window then releasing then holding the switch reset the one toch and it stayed active after removing the key, opening and closing the door then inserting the key.

Similarly raising and lowering from the fob works again.

The car has only 38k on the clock, I don't do lots of short journeys so opening the door many times a day nor normally open the door fully.

post-66892-0-24883700-1470161901_thumb.jpg