Fabia 2 1.4 Tdi..asz 1.9 tdi pd asz conversion

richardo03

Hi all, I have set about installing a pd 130 into my fabia 2, and I am close to fitting the lump, it is standard with no upgrades, as far as I am aware...

I purchased the Fabia,o8, plate after it had been through a puddle and took water into its engine..

I have removed the 1.4, and I have switched ECU's traded engine looms from a seat ibiza,03 plate, added the wiring for the double fan, and hopefully rectified the wiring to the ecu for the air mass module,fitted the front section of exhaust, fitted the 6 speed gear selector mech.. and today the clutch, turbo & timing kit arrived, once I have got a key for the locking nuts, I am hoping to trade the hubs across so that the correct drive shafts will be in situ..

I am concerned about the vagcom, the guy who rebuilt the turbo, told me to come onto the forums and explain what I had done.

Could anyone please advise as what problems I am about to come across and is there a way to rectify and get the motor running, or have I just wasted my time..

Thanks

Richard.

• Like 1

I think the only problem you may have is with the looms, immobiliser and then onto the clocks. Or was that all included with the Ibiza looms?

Are the engine mounts and gearbox mounts the same for the 1.4 as the 1.9 as I imagine it is a heavier engine.

There are a few people who have swapped engines over though so I'm sure someone will be able to help you properly.

JRJG

You will need either the matching key and clocks first the ecu or the key no's for both cars to code the ecu to the imob. Or an ecu with the immobiliser deactivated. If your local I can do this but not sure where you are.

Hi and thanks for your input, it is priceless, yes I have an ibiza, I am using as a donor, I think I have covered the loom, the engine loom from the ibiza,only had a different gearbox connector, which has been changed... the loom seems to pin to all the same on the ECU...I managed to get a pin out for the ECU from a local auto electrician for a fee.. I have added the extra part of the loom for the double fans for the radiator. I have saved back the clocks and relevant wires/plugs with a reasonable lenth of the cables. Other than that, the plug from the Air Mass, had more wires, which I have sorted...the 130 had 6 wires...3 blue./white and violet brown & ?? & a red/blue.... the Fabia had  2 blues  white & violet & the brown no ....red/blue....but this wire was connected to the turbo plug, which is to the same ECU pin....81 or 82... I have fitted the 130 air mass meter and obviously adjusted the wires....the blues all come together befor the ecu, so I have just connected them earlier..and the red blue I have extended to reach the meter and left the others in the engine bay...but wrapped in insulation tape and up on a wire holding plug..

The engine mounts are different,I have the donors mounts fitted in anticipation, also there was some difference in the fuel lines which I have sorted under the bonnet, just the fuel cooler to fit later, if totally neede...the cooler only works on the return pipe, so I do not see the need to be honest, but I have it nevertheless.

Today I am swapping hubs, as the drive shafts are different,plus the discs are bigger on the front and the discs on the back should be usefull.

I was going to switch the ABS module, but the plugs were different, so I have held back the seat one again with the connecting plug allong with a fair bit of the loom just in case I have difficuilties, once hopefully up and running.

Turbo man in Barnsley advised me of clock problems, and that some other people who have don such a swap have had to have the original clocks, behind the existing clocks in the car...but this meant he said that some of the warning lights coulnt be seen on the showing clocks..

I was thinking if this is the case, surely you would only need the circuit bourd behind the existing clocks, and then some piggy back soldering, surely should cure not been able to see some warning lights.???Would I be correct in thinking ????

I was worried about the clocks,and keys and obviously also the immobiliser.....If I get the ECU immobiliser UNLOCKED....would this also remedy the clock issues that have been forecast.

I hope that my input and info above will help anyone else trying to do similar....the Car once finished, providing all is well is a Keeper....

The Fabia, MK2 1.4 tdi,has only 2 wires coming from the gearbox,against the ibiza which has 1 wire coming from the gearbox, has anyone any ideas as to where or which pin these go to and any advise as what to do to ensure that I connect up the correct way..

Do I need the comfort pack, off the Seat, or will that be it

I had a right task on swapping front wheel bearing carriers/bottom of the strut over Yesterday Sunday..the Fabia had a wear indicator whereas the Seat 1 didnt..

I never got to switch the rear hubs, but once the Scrapper has taken the ibiza to his yard I will collect them along with one of the alloys, which has a new tyre....

So now, just waiting to fit the Clutch, Waterpump and Timing belt kit, and then put the lump in and put the Fabia, back together...

Anxious times, hoping I havent made a £2000 ERROR.

Thank You

JRJG & FELICIA 16V for your input, and Felica 16v I could post the ECU to you, what kind of a cost, would it be...

ALSO

I have a fair few bits from the Fabia 2 which are not needed, IE from the lump..

I am however retaining the alternator air con pump and the starter in anticipation of eventual failure of the Seats ones..

The wires from the gearbox on the seat. You mean 2 plugs right ?

One plug down the back on the diff housing and one at the front. The fab won't use the rear one as thats the speedo drive on the seat the fab uses the abs sensors instead. The front one is reverse switch you should be able to swap the switch over if the wiring plug is different.

Hi Jim your correct about the wiring, it was me that was consused......with all the wires...

the abs module seems smaller in the fabia, would you fit the Seat 1 if so would rou know if the pin outs are the same even though the plugs are different ??

sorry for being cheeky and asking so many questions...

Received your ecu today mate hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow lunch time and back in the post. I would leave the absence as it is can't see any benefits to messing really

brilliant, would you make sure if you can tell that it isnt mapped in any way, and if so set to normal if you are able....

thanks ever so much, dont break your neck trying to doit, and where to send payment....???