Have a new iPhone SE,but it won't connect with the mdi wire

Hi there

I have got a new iPhone SE to replace my old iPhone

So I got a new mdi wire to connect the iPhone SE with my swing CD player

The swing does not recognise the iPhone. The iPhone comes up the message saying not compatible with the new cable but it will charge the phone up.

Thank you

Will_nfs

Will Parker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MDI interface in the Rapid is just the same - a glitchy unreliable piece of poo.  Is the Fabia one the same?  Can you connect with Bluetooth instead?

Edited by camelspyyder

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

I have got a new iPhone SE to replace my old iPhone

So I got a new mdi wire to connect the iPhone SE with my swing CD player

The swing does not recognise the iPhone. The iPhone comes up the message saying not compatible with the new cable but it will charge the phone up.

Thank you

Will_nfs

Will Parker

You might have better luck using an adapter on the end of the old cable. I know this has worked, with the iPhone 5/6, for other MDI cable owners.

Thank you. Buying the adapter has worked

What adaptor / cable are you using? I have my iPhone 5S connected via Blutooth but it won't bring my music up. All it will do is work as a phone. I tried using my phones lightning cable on the car but it said it was not supported. I use a USB stick full of music from my iTunes instead Edited by Guest

Ah I'm guessing they don't go into the USB / 3.5 mm MDI slots that I have down near my centre console. Your cable must connect to the rear of the radio somehow?

Edited by Guest