Passanger Seat Creak

Hello all!

SV: I'm getting a annoying creaking sound from the passanger seat whenever I go over a bump or I'm on uneven road. I tried just ignoring it with the radio on but unfortunately it can still be heard!

Wondering if anyone else has had this and if they know a fix.

LV: Ive made sure it's clicked into place, tried adjusting the height and angle but too no avail.

Anyway, tonight I put my hand under the seat and discovered what I assume too be the weight sensor is a bit lose. No idea if this is what's causing it, and unfortunately couldn't reach my own one (was in a kilt and didn't fancy crawling around my car at 12 o'clock, in the rain, trying to find it).

I'll check it tomorrow and update with progress, but was wondering if anyone else has had this and if they know a fix.

Thanks. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The problem with creaks and rattles I've found is that they often aren't where you think they are.

Get someone to sit in the back whilst driving (seat belt on of course) to double check.

My glove box rattles when the auto aircon is 19c or less and it drives me mad.

The problem with creaks and rattles I've found is that they often aren't where you think they are.

Get someone to sit in the back whilst driving (seat belt on of course) to double check.

My glove box rattles when the auto aircon is 19c or less and it drives me mad.

Shame about the glove box rattle! Have you tried leaving it open and see if that stops it? (It's no way ideal but may work!)

I'll try that and report back. Just need to find someone who's willing, lol!

Its noisier when I leave it open I'm afraid.

You could always switch the cruise control on and quickly crawl over to the passenger seat to check it out yourself ?

• Like 1

You could always switch the cruise control on and quickly crawl over to the passenger seat to check it out yourself ?

Hahaha, well unfortunately I don't have cruise control. The one problem with a otherwise flawless plan! ;)

Sounds a risky way of looking for a strainge noise now swapping seats with another driver while switching on the cruise controll to my mind is a much safer option, I think Joe

• Like 1

Hold on. I do have a speedlimiter and access to a brick. This could work...

Remember to wear a high visibility jacket,for health and safety reasons,when performing this highly dangerous maneuver.

• Like 1