Emissions update for France at least

Yesterday I received a letter from Skoda France including reference to a government instruction that the car WILL be updated with the fix for emissions there is no choice it will be done before the MOT equivalent here as it will not pass unless the update has been carried out. However, they have reassured me, well that's alright then, that there will be no reduction in performance, l/100kph or anything else. Reluctantly I am making arrangements for it doing and will update when it has been done. The garage that will do it know me and also know there will be a **** storm if there is any reduction in performance. We will see.

• Like 1

Is there somewhere near you that you could go to have the car put on a rolling road before and after so as to confirm there is no loss in performance.

• Like 1

If it helps I know two people that have had 2.0TDi Audi A4's done in the UK about 3 weeks ago... so far the car is NO different to what it was before :)

If that continues I would not hesitate to have my Superb done.. 

Edited by stuarttunstall
  • Like 1

The garage that will do it know me and also know there will be a **** storm if there is any reduction in performance. We will see.

Why?. Not their fault if it doesn't sort it to your satisfaction, they are at the mercy of Skoda and are just carrying out their instructions.

Stuart's post above suggests there sound be no problem, be positive  :thumbup: .

• Like 1

I have asked both to keep me updated, Skoda UK still have not released it yet, but dealer did say they had started doing the Seat Exeo ... If I continue to get good reports I will have mine done.. Will keep the site updated

I have said all along VAG have already P***** people off, the idea is to regain your trust.. I don't think they will P*** a customer off even more ;) Lets face it all the negative reports have been by the press, problem is people believe them:) 

According to this article 3000 2.0 TDI Skoda owners have been informed the fix is now ready, although Skoda could be in further trouble - not sure why they pick on Skoda in particular, I would have thought the whole of the VW Group with these engines would be in the same situation http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/92893/vw-emissions-scandal-recalls-compensation-is-your-car-affected-latest-news

Bear in mind that there are different exhaust treatment technologies fitted to different models and brands. Cars fitted with SCR are an easy fix (turn up adblue addition). Most Superb 2 models don't have SCR and the fix could have a meaningful impact on performance.

For owners sakes, I'm happy to hear anything that seems like good news. 

For my sake, and like chimaera says, I'm most interested in hearing of results for cars without AdBlue and using LNT. As a 1.6 owner with the lean NOx trap system (LNT), it will be much later in the year before I hear much but in the meantime I am watching the 2.0 with no AdBlue setup with interest.

I can see how the flow rectifier "hardware" solution can work on the 1.6 (i.e. burn more diesel as you are clearing NOx from the LNT more often and make up for that by increasing the efficiency of the mass airflow sensing on the fuel/air mix) but software tweaks alone on the 2.0 seem more challenging.

That said, the 1.6 uses a different Continental supplied system rather than the Bosch system on the 2.0 - so there may well be far more parameters to play with and tweak on the latter. 

Can't do a VCDS scan as I dont have the equipment and not much chance of a rolling road out here either. Stuart, the storm will be aimed at Skoda not the garage, they are a great bunch of guys. When I bought the car I was assured it would tow my caravan OK and I didn't need the 170. It does tow it OK and if the performance doesn't drop off all will be fine.

Edited by niveketak

Bear in mind that there are different exhaust treatment technologies fitted to different models and brands. Cars fitted with SCR are an easy fix (turn up adblue addition). Most Superb 2 models don't have SCR and the fix could have a meaningful impact on performance.

Both Audi A4's are NOT fitted with ADBLUE systems

cnc, on 26 Jun 2016 - 14:54, said:cnc, on 26 Jun 2016 - 14:54, said:cnc, on 26 Jun 2016 - 14:54, said:cnc, on 26 Jun 2016 - 14:54, said:cnc, on 26 Jun 2016 - 14:54, said:cnc, on 26 Jun 2016 - 14:54, said:

According to this article 3000 2.0 TDI Skoda owners have been informed the fix is now ready, although Skoda could be in further trouble - not sure why they pick on Skoda in particular, I would have thought the whole of the VW Group with these engines would be in the same situation http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/92893/vw-emissions-scandal-recalls-compensation-is-your-car-affected-latest-news

As I heard it, the problem for Skoda is that when they were asked if the cars met emissions standards in the UK, they said yes, just like VW, Audi, and Seat would have. However,  there appears to be evidence that Skoda did know there was a problem when they reported compliance to the UK's Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA). As for the others, the VCA are still looking for smoking guns and may or may not find them.

In summary, Skoda's general UK defence would be "VW never told us what they did so when we said we were compliant - we really though we were being truthful!" The VCA may have got something that proves senior company execs actually knew of the cheat at the time they made the declarations of compliance...hence they have "picked" on them.

Edited by TheRobinK

Just to confirm I have just asked the one I know, this is his reply.... Still all good ... 

Still going fine since the update, no other changes.

No AdBlue, my engine is one of the last CGLC 177 engines, the new 190ps uses Adblue.

The recall in the UK is already well underway.

My 2011 2.0 CR140 Superb would have had it done yesterday had I asked them not to do it. See here for the document I had to sign to ensure the recall was not carried out...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/403828-just-refused-the-vag-emissions-recall/

On my CFFB engine it is a software only change, or at least that was what the dealer told me.

It is already known that there will be no improvements in performance or fuel economy, only uncertainty on if there will be any adverse effects. With that knowledge there is no reason to have it done, unless it helps you to sleep better at night knowing your car is less polluting.

My car is 5 years old and covered 101,000 miles without missing a beat. I'd rather it stayed that way for as long as possible.

Got my letter this afternoon.

Despite claims that there will be no change to specifications, I think I'll 'hold of' for a few months to see what happens!

Quote, " . . . . . I can confirm that there will be no change to your vehicle's engine performance, maximum torque or noise levels.  The performance data already published for your vehicle, including fuel consumption and CO2 emissions will also remain unchanged."

Edited by Colin267