HIDS

Quick question..I'm planning n getting HIDs (again), and am i right in saying that the main beam and highbeam are the same? I know it's the H7 bulb i need and i know what tempeature i'm getting too. But are these correct:

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/h7-35w-ultra-slim-canbus-hid-xenon-conversion-kit/

Nath on your black pack lights there's one bulb for both as there is a shutter which lets out more light for high beam, I've got the higher temp ones 55w but I have the light cluster with 2 separate bulbs for main and high beam. I know after speaking to ant vrs he started with 35w but soon changed to 55w as it lets out more light. [emoji1303]

Yes mate.. thats the right kit if you have the black lights. 

I've tried everything. I've got the silver lights with projectors on low and reflectors on high. I've had hids in low and hids in the reflectors, hids in low and halogens in high, i've tried 35w and 55w in numerous positions and what i would say is... 

Get the 35w in 4300k. The 55w is hardly even noticeably brighter, they take alot longer to warm up and they dont last as long. I've always been much happier with 35w at the lowest 4300k or 5000k (as the lower temps give out much more visible light output). 

• Like 2

Get the 35w in 4300k. The 55w is hardly even noticeably brighter, they take alot longer to warm up and they dont last as long. I've always been much happier with 35w at the lowest 4300k or 5000k (as the lower temps give out much more visible light output).

^^^^^^ This. That is all.

Yours is a 2010 vRS that had Clear Lights, then you changed to Black Pack and had issues and needed wiring for the Head Light Flash as i remember,

?

What is it you have fitted now, still Black Pack and with what Bulbs?

Yours is a 2010 vRS that had Clear Lights, then you changed to Black Pack and had issues and needed wiring for the Head Light Flash as i remember,

?

What is it you have fitted now, still Black Pack and with what Bulbs?

That's correct mate, and I still have the black pack fitted with standard bulbs, i've had HIDS fitted before but wasn't too sure as i bought them from a mate, who had them in his Seat, so he fitted them for me.

Edited by Naths vRS
  • Like 1

i got a m-tec set. took me like 10 mins to install without any cuting or drilling . all the modules came with double sided 3M tape and the Bulbs had a metal socket.

the set is a bit pricey but well worth it