Anyone had a letter yet to book their car in for the software update?

Had a letter waiting for me today when i got home asking me to book my car in.

Apparently they have fixed it by altering the injection cycle using 'technology that wasn't available at the time of manufacture' and claim the power and peak torque is no longer effected and that the claimed MPG figures are still valid.

At this point I'm going to hold off unless i hear that not doing the update will invalidate my warranty. It would be nice to see a Dyno graph of power and torque before and after.

• Like 1

Unavailable technology? The 2.0 is getting a software update only.

There has to be a trade off, it might not be enough to easily tell the difference but if they are improving emissions then something has to give, whether that be performance, fuel economy or durability. To say the day after the recall that there is no difference doesn't mean there isn't going to be at some point in the future.

There is no point in rushing in and having it done now.

I did this during Skoda UK's last official recall, new injectors on the PD170 vRS. It proved to be a disaster that ultimately led to the cars eventual demise.

Unavailable technology? The 2.0 is getting a software update only.

Exactly, the hardware is still the same. Are they trying to tell us that they couldn't of made these 'software' changes a year ago. What a load of rubbish

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had the software mods done on my Superb 2.0 140BHP and it has dramatically affected the car. Acceleration is very poor indeed. I'm not happy and will be going back to get it reversed.

chandljo, on 27 Jul 2016 - 13:34, said:

I had the software mods done on my Superb 2.0 140BHP and it has dramatically affected the car. Acceleration is very poor indeed. I'm not happy and will be going back to get it reversed.

Sorry to hear this. Could you tell us the year/gearbox type etc you have - it would be good so we can all compare notes on this and see who is not happy. I suspect the effects of the upgrade are going to change depending on engine, gearbox (man vs DSG), 2WD vs 4WD combo etc.

Like silver1011 says - I'd love to hear what the dealer says too.

Edited by TheRobinK
  • Like 1

Says the man with a Touran...?

I believe it is a one way transaction..... this is at odds with other people have with people on here. So is it related or something else?

had mine done lookers skoda harrogate 4 weeks ago. noticed running better than before .now just done 800 miles to scotland all ok

With you on that one, 1500 miles (with caravan for 500ish) with no problem, acceleration seems to have gone up a notch too.

AndyW

Had a letter waiting for me today when i got home asking me to book my car in.

Apparently they have fixed it by altering the injection cycle using 'technology that wasn't available at the time of manufacture' and claim the power and peak torque is no longer effected and that the claimed MPG figures are still valid.

At this point I'm going to hold off unless i hear that not doing the update will invalidate my warranty. It would be nice to see a Dyno graph of power and torque before and after.

Had ours done a couple of Saturdays ago.  We towed our caravan from Milton Keynes to Durham last week and did not notice a difference.  

The real test will be next month when we drive from MK to Cairnryan.  We can usually get there on half a tank so will see what happens.

"ACTION REQUIRED"!

The letter has arrived!!!  I think I'll wait a while and learn from the experiences of others who've has the software update. I wonder if there's any difference in the original engine setup between the pre/post facelift 2.0 TDI 140's.

Dave

"ACTION REQUIRED"!

The letter has arrived!!!  I think I'll wait a while and learn from the experiences of others who've has the software update. I wonder if there's any difference in the original engine setup between the pre/post facelift 2.0 TDI 140's.

Dave

Even if the power is the same they could have ruined the powerband.

There are a few threads on here regarding the Superb III with the 150 engine which a lot have noticed there is a flat spot at around 1750rpm IIRC under part throttle that is due to how the EGR is set-up. Basically they have ruined the engine to meet the Euro 6 emissions targets.

I bet these diesel engines are awesome once the EGR and DPF are removed, even on a stock map.

• Like 2

The real test will be in winter. It is much more difficult to keep Nox levels to a set standard in low temperatures. To my mind that will likely be when any performance compromises that have been made to the cars set up will likely show.

Even if the power is the same they could have ruined the powerband.

There are a few threads on here regarding the Superb III with the 150 engine which a lot have noticed there is a flat spot at around 1750rpm IIRC under part throttle that is due to how the EGR is set-up. Basically they have ruined the engine to meet the Euro 6 emissions targets.

I bet these diesel engines are awesome once the EGR and DPF are removed, even on a stock map.

This rings very true, we have the 150 engine in our 2016 MkIII Octavia. It feels strangled, several flat spots and points of hesitation as the EGR and DPF do their thing.

Really spoils the car.

I wish I was brave enough to have the EGR and DPF deleted but I am wary about the consequences of doing so if/when the MOT emissions check is changed in future.

This rings very true, we have the 150 engine in our 2016 MkIII Octavia. It feels strangled, several flat spots and points of hesitation as the EGR and DPF do their thing.

Really spoils the car.

The top end is great on the 2.0 CR engines, my superb is great on the motorway, but for around town I think my old PD 130 Passat pulled better at lower speeds

I wish I was brave enough to have the EGR and DPF deleted but I am wary about the consequences of doing so if/when the MOT emissions check is changed in future.

me too, I think i will end up with a remap after the warranty is up.

I will only consider deleting EGR or DPF if they go wrong.

• Like 1