11' Octavia 2.0 tdi cr dsg - couple questions oil and dsg

Hi everyone hope everyone is well and not ill from this poxy weather lol.

My dad has gone and done something stupid and just wanted to ask as I've tried searching all over the net and read various things. My dad has topped up the oil in the octy with 5w40 quantum instead of the 5w30 quantum stuff as he didnt bother checking the bottle. Hes stuck in around 350-400ml am I ok or should I get this changed asap?

Also the car as cover 23-24k and have started to notice jerking between 1st to 2nd gear and seems to hang on abit when going from 2nd to 3rd gear rest of the gears seem fine. also when driving and with a light throttle have noticed an almost rocking/hesitation/motion like a misfire but i know this isn't the case.

Is it worth while me getting the dsg oil service done even though it hasnt covered 40k? 

Im still under main dealer warranty and dont want to be wasting time and getting fobbed off as my mrs is expecting so dont even have the time to go back and forth at the moment.

sorry and thank you in advanced

Regards

Bav

Personally I don't think 450ml is going to do much harm, as its the ash generated on combustion of the oil that is bad for the dpf, hence only 507.00 oils for dpf cars but if it really bothers then get the oil drained and replaced with 5w30 507.00 oil.

Personally I don't think 450ml is going to do much harm, as its the ash generated on combustion of the oil that is bad for the dpf, hence only 507.00 oils for dpf cars but if it really bothers then get the oil drained and replaced with 5w30 507.00 oil.

Thanks, im a 29year old pessimistic wreck always stressing lol. 

Is it worth while me getting the dsg oil service done even though it hasnt covered 40k? 

Im still under main dealer warranty and dont want to be wasting time and getting fobbed off as my mrs is expecting so dont even have the time to go back and forth at the moment.

sorry and thank you in advanced

Regards

Bav

Consensus mainly seems to support 40k miles. Although, I recall our mk5 golf said 4 year or 40,000 miles but I always went with mileage limits. Skoda apparently, only issue mileage limit on the 6sp DSG based on my reading here.

I have a 2011 vrs petrol dsg.  The dsg is a lot smoother than the older 2007MY golf we had, but it does occasionally hold second gear for longer than I expect.  The changes are all smooth though no jerkiness or shudder. If you've got warranty I would definitely log it for investigation, code read and testing - certainly before expiry.  Repairs are not cheap and I know what it's like with little ones around or on the way but you will kick yourself if it develops into anything beyond the warranty. 

Edit: Forgot to add my DSG on 35k miles and not changed DSG oil / filter yet but will aim to by 40k.

Edited by TheClient

My 2012 vRS TDi DSG has covered 37K miles and the gearbox is behaving perfectly.  I do intend to have the DSG oil changed at 40K, if I still have the car then.