Wind deflectors - any good?

I would appreciate response from any members who have fitted wind deflectors to their mk2 Superb estate as to whether they reduce the horrible buffetting noise created when one of the rear windows is opened whilst on the move.

As much as I don't particularly like the look of them on most cars I must admit that the Heko ones I have seen don't look too bad at all on the Superb. Thanks.

Not had them on a superb but have had them on 3 different cars one including an estate, doesn't affect the buffeting at all, they don't particularly deflect much wind, they cause quite a lot of motorway noise.

the only benifit i got out of them was to be able to have the windows open slightly when it was raining 

Hi,

I have original Skoda deflectors on mine & they make no difference to the wind noise you describe. However, they do the job they're designed for, which is to keep the draught out & reduce wind noise from the front windows when they're only open a little. Also helps keep the rain and screen-wash out. They're easy to fit, no tools required.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Matt.

• Like 1

Hi,

I have original Skoda deflectors on mine & they make no difference to the wind noise you describe. However, they do the job they're designed for, which is to keep the draught out & reduce wind noise from the front windows when they're only open a little. Also helps keep the rain and screen-wash out. They're easy to fit, no tools required.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Matt.

I have them too and agree with Matt, as above.

heko ones have "heko" or "team heko" etched into the plastic and makes the car look awful IMO (in my opinion)

The winter grill guard also has this but at least that can come off in summer months.

• Like 1

I have them on my hatch.  They don't stop the buffeting which has a scientific name I recently learned but cannot remember what.  I only got them to keep my taxi from steaming up when it rains and I am on the rank.  They mad a fair bit of difference to wind noise when I fitted them.  I wouldn't fit them to a domestic car though as the noise cancels out any good they might do

I have them on the front windows.. They are good for stopping the "Drips"

One thing to remember..  If you have folding mirrors that are actuated from the key fob you will crush the deflector if you fold the mirrors in..

BE Warned...

One thing to remember..  If you have folding mirrors that are actuated from the key fob you will crush the deflector if you fold the mirrors in..

BE Warned...

My OE Skoda deflectors are not affected by the folding mirrors. Aftermarket deflectors may be different of course.

One thing to remember..  If you have folding mirrors that are actuated from the key fob you will crush the deflector if you fold the mirrors in..

BE Warned...

I have Heko ones and if you fit them correctly that shouldn't be an issue. 

just bought a set straight from the manufactures heko  £40 fast delivery 3 days (ups) and very good packaging straight from Poland.fairplay they look like a nice addiction to the car fitting them was easy as they have a video on their website but that's as far as it goes because I haven't been out in the car to test the noise situation but one thing was tested was the folding of the mirrors and it was fine yes they touch the wind deflectors but that was all no crushing which I was relieved to find. this link is for my estate tho

http://www.e-heko.com/en/Marka_Model/SKODA_SUPERB/4db7b0c531021.html?search=product&cg_2=19398&cg_3=19403&cg_4=18801&string=

I have just installed a set of fitted sun blinds to the rear screen and rear doors. When I was driving yesterday with the dog in the back I put the rear windows down about an inch for some air and found that the blinds had completely eliminated the buffeting and greatly reduced the wind noise. I drove at 60mph with the windows down at various heights and still no buffeting. Might be worth a thought.

These are the ones that I bought, I'm sure that there are others available. Very happy with them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Superb-5dr-08-UV-CAR-SHADES-WINDOW-SUN-BLINDS-PRIVACY-GLASS-TINT-BLACK-/191235129400?hash=item2c86808038:g:JGEAAOSwfcVT~elU

Edited by Panrider1300

They are for the days of pre climate control , anyone who sees the state of their cabin filter will make sure their windows are shut in all but the most rural of areas

Edited by terrytowelling