RamAir induction kit

Has anyone fitted one of these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351726169779

Mines an 2.0tfsi 08 pre facelift octy vrs with a stage 1 map.

Im not interested it for noise but i have always had my doubt if they are any better than the stock air filter into the engine trim cover?

Can anyone give their feedback of using this product as to me this simply seems the same as the vwr cold air intake or the ITG version except they are £380 and £400+

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Octavia_VRS

I've got the smaller of the two. I noticed a performance difference once fitted also a massive noise difference. They are very noisey which can be good or bad depending on what you want :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Short journeys great but long journeys will suffer heat soak. nullifying any performance gain.

Is that with all induction kits? Do most people not bother then when they go with bigger turbos and stage 2/3 remaps etc

Is that with all induction kits? Do most people not bother then when they go with bigger turbos and stage 2/3 remaps etc

I suppose stage 2/3 remaps are probably for Drag strip / track day etc. so not sat at traffic lights on daily commute etc. lots of airflow its not a problem. If you have TorquePro and Elm327 dongle you can track the intake temps and its much higher with an open induction kit. A closed induction system that's rooted to the front of the care will suffer less heat soak. This is why I just run a panel filter on a stage 1.

Edited by Scribbler

I have this fitted with a stage 1 remap and I really do think it's improved response and top end performance considerably

The way it fits the engine is very nice too using bolt holes that already exist to stop movement/vibration

Even though you don't care about sound, it's amazing lol it sounds like darth Vader and has a nice blow off sound even when driving easily

Edit : the air filter is closed in by the Heat guard provided and shuts against the bonnet flush with rubber trim

Edited by lDanl
  • Like 1

I suppose stage 2/3 remaps are probably for Drag strip / track day etc. so not sat at traffic lights on daily commute etc. lots of airflow its not a problem. If you have TorquePro and Elm327 dongle you can track the intake temps and its much higher with an open induction kit. A closed induction system that's rooted to the front of the care will suffer less heat soak. This is why I just run a panel filter on a stage 1.

I dunno the guy i brought uprated arbs off has a stage 3 mk 2 octy vrs as his daily commute. He brought it off here lol.

I have this fitted with a stage 1 remap and I really do think it's improved response and top end performance considerably

The way it fits the engine is very nice too using bolt holes that already exist to stop movement/vibration

Even though you don't care about sound, it's amazing lol it sounds like darth Vader and has a nice blow off sound even when driving easily

Edit : the air filter is closed in by the Heat guard provided and shuts against the bonnet flush with rubber trim

How long have you had it fitted and has your mpg remained the same or got better or worse on town and motorway driving?

Did you pay £155?

Thanks Ryan

How long have you had it fitted and has your mpg remained the same or got better or worse on town and motorway driving?

Did you pay £155?

Thanks Ryan

I have had it fitted for about 2 or 3 weeks, my mpg has not changed at all, I only do town driving the highest I've ever seen is 38mpg on a clear run to work and yes I bought it for 155 but from the ram air website Edited by lDanl

Oh, one other thing to mention if your considering it

You will have a big fight with the pipe connecting to the turbo housing, one of those pressure releasing clips in a very tight spot but then it's extremely well sealed on even after you have got the clip off

Edited by lDanl
  • Like 1

Oh, one other thing to mention if your considering it

You will have a big fight with the pipe connecting to the turbo housing, one of those pressure releasing clips in a very tight spot but then it's extremely well sealed on even after you have got the clip off

I just used a 2ft quick release clamp to remove the metal clamp from the engine trim feed to air intake if thats where you mean its hard to get off. I use this method when i need to change my air filter. Works a treat

Much better than the poor stock design, i would recommend buying the heatshield that sits between the turbo and intake pipe though as things get a little warm.

I run the MTC kit which is the same as the oversize kit and a ramair filter.

Its noisey ;)

You can buy all sorts of pliers to get the sping clamps off, I've got ones made by hotpoint from my old washing machine fixing days but there's tons of them on eBay.

I've got the oversized ramair and it's a good bit of kit. I found the heatshield bolts hard to get in so the Mrs did it with her Wee girly hands. I find the filter sits a bit closer to the headlight cover but this could be due to my fitment.

I had a forge Twintake before and it was better made and easier to fit but surprisingly quiet compared to the ramair.

The ramair may be a bit noisy for some but personally I like it. I've got a race chip tuning box so running unknown boost but it makes some nice diverter valve noises.

Much better than the poor stock design, i would recommend buying the heatshield that sits between the turbo and intake pipe though as things get a little warm.

I run the MTC kit which is the same as the oversize kit and a ramair filter.

Its noisey ;)

The oversize ramair kit for £155 does come with two heatshields [emoji1303] one for the cone and one at the back. I just thought about buying one of these but dont like the noise they make. To max power in my eyes(as in it sounds more noise that airflow?). I got hold of a second carbonspeed CAI. For a decent price. Ill see how it does. After abit more reading of old posts and other forums dont the cones suffer heat soak? Which is why the CAI are so damm expensive?

Edited by Octavia_VRS

I wouldn't have said they suffer from heat soak having 2 heatshields, the one round tgebfilter fits flush to the bonnet to stop the majority of heat.

I've done a way with a fog light and fitted a cold air feed anyway ;) I've also made a headlight intake just for the hell of it :D

• Like 1

I wouldn't have said they suffer from heat soak having 2 heatshields, the one round tgebfilter fits flush to the bonnet to stop the majority of heat.

I've done a way with a fog light and fitted a cold air feed anyway ;) I've also made a headlight intake just for the hell of it :D

When you get a chance take a pic? Does it pass its MOT if they have fogs and you take them out then?