EGR Valve

Hi all

Ive been reading some of the MkII threads on here in ref to failing EGR's as mine went this morning (according to the dealers once they had hooked it up) Glow plug light flashing and into limp mode until I turned off and restarted.

Ive been quoted £880 to replace it on a 2012 1.6 crdi greenline superb, however SkodaUK have offered the parts for free leaving me with me a bill of approx £450.

I have replaced the EGR valves on previous car (Vectra) and was wondering how difficult it was and is there a "how to"?

This has probably been asked before however I am unable to locate an answer so any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

Chris

From what I understood from when mine went on my CR140 2.0 it's not a simple job.

It's located right at the bottom/back of the engine and a sod to get to now so a lot of the price is labour on the 2.0 engine at least. It's also not just the EGR valve anymore as it now has a built in cooling unit and electronics unit. I think the figure on my engine is around £1200 so may be different on yours with you getting a lower price.

Mine was done under warranty so didn't cost me a penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by WaveyDavey

I just had one fitted on my mondeo, £105 plus labour. It's only a solenoid operated valve. You can them from the motor factors on an exchange basis

yeah.........on a Mondeo.....

i could whip mine off in 10 minutes when i had a 130PS 6 speed Tdci Mondeo

when i had a clogged up VGT i cleared it out with Mr Muscle after drilling a hole in the exhaust manifold

Edited by lichfielddriver

Mines the mk4 , psa engine , skoda valves aren't special. I'll be using the motor factors when my skodas go faulty

Does the Mondeo one look anything like this?:

egr.png

No, thought not.

Ive been quoted £880 to replace it on a 2012 1.6 crdi greenline superb, however SkodaUK have offered the parts for free leaving me with me a bill of approx £450.

Your price sound like a good deal

I had a friend with a Golf 1.6 cr - that cost a lot more than this to have the EGR changed. Think you have to remove/drop allsorts including Exhaust, DPF, Driveshaft, engine mount to access with this engine on some cars. Might be more access room on the Superb II.

I think 4x4 versions are more difficult

Edited by bigjohn

There always seems to be a duff EGR v/v thread every week on here.

What mileage on your Greenline?

What I find strange is that the EGR pipe on the front of the engine that you can see bolts straight to the engine. Does the EGR gas flow through from the other side?

Edited by SuperbTWM