Occasional 1K idle - DPF worries or paranoia?

Evening peeps. Hope everyone is well. Just bought some food from Iceland ;)

Ok, CR 170 me has and been running sweet for 18 months with 70K now on clock. No warning lights on dash, no juddering, no 'flat' spots or any strange behaviour. Now, I'm no expert in this area but believe (correct me if I'm mistaken please) that a 1K idle means the car is doing a DPF regen.

It's done it twice in the last 2 weeks and hasn't occured during a cold start but actually when I've stopped at a set of lights or junction. My driving does consist of a lot of motorway runs and I do give it a good thrashing now and then.

Am I overreacting by immediately doing a 60mph stint in 4th gear? As said, no warning lights and this hasn't happened before but twice isn't exactly alarming, is it?

One thing I will mention, car overdue it's fixed service but again, car running ok I'd say.

So, what's the score. DPF or paranoia?

Cheers.

Don't worry about it. The DPF can regenerate fine in most driving conditions and in my opinion going for a run 'just in case' is just a waste of fuel. Even if you interrupt one it will more thank likely have cleared a bit of soot out and will either do one on the next run or whenever it has a need to.

It won't do it from cold as the engine needs to be above a certain temperature to start. A regen a week means nothing unless you tell us how many miles you have covered

• Like 1

Mines doing the same but the engine management light is oj but not the dpf light.

Had a quick look last week but all I could find on the diagnostic was something to do with an egr valve.