iPhone/iPod playback 'stutter' problem

petesyeti

HI

Just wondering if anybody else has had and resolved this problem.

I have a Nov 2015 Yeti which gives full control of iPhone/iPod playback when connected via USB.  When playing music I get a random 'stutter', usually about 3 times a track.  This happens on my iPhone and two iPods.

I took the Yeti back to the dealer to have it checked out.  The technician agreed there was a problem.  We checked other cars in the showroom and they worked fine.  

Skoda technical say they know about the problem and it effects some media units.  They will let the dealer when they have a solution.

Neither my dealer nor Skoda want to 'simply' swap the media unit for one that works.

Has anybody else had this playback problem?

Pete

I have a 2016 110 SE 4x4 with the same problem  I just thought it was an Apple 'thing'

I would be interetsed to hear how you resolve this with the dealer.

I occasionally get it I think, a jumbled stutter, which I put down to being a burnt disc downloaded to iTunes library then to the phone micro SD card and played on the Pug's head via Bluetooth..........couldn't think of anything else as a reason.

Just a suggestion but if you are playing music via an iPhone it could be down to the fact that the tracks are streamed on the latest apple software rather than physical downloads in order to save space on the phone. All your music can still be manually downloaded but it's just worth checking as if you are playing streamed tracks , loosing 3G 4g signal for a few seconds can result in jittery playback.

I also know that using older iPods and iPhones over Bluetooth sometimes causes jittery playback as I used to have this issue in my Octavia when playing music on my wife's iPhone 4. Whereas my iPhone 6 had no issues.

Just a suggestion but if you are playing music via an iPhone it could be down to the fact that the tracks are streamed on the latest apple software rather than physical downloads in order to save space on the phone. All your music can still be manually downloaded but it's just worth checking as if you are playing streamed tracks , loosing 3G 4g signal for a few seconds can result in jittery playback.

I also know that using older iPods and iPhones over Bluetooth sometimes causes jittery playback as I used to have this issue in my Octavia when playing music on my wife's iPhone 4. Whereas my iPhone 6 had no issues.

Thanks for the suggestion.  The problem shows up on an old iPod Classic as well as my iPhone 5.  This rules out a streaming problem.

I occasionally get it I think, a jumbled stutter, which I put down to being a burnt disc downloaded to iTunes library then to the phone micro SD card and played on the Pug's head via Bluetooth..........couldn't think of anything else as a reason.

I wondered if it was a corrupt download file so I loaded exactly the same files onto a USB memory stick.  The files stutter on the iPod and play perfectly from the USB stick.  The music plays OK from the iPhone via Bluetooth, but then i can't use the steering wheel controls etc.

I wondered if it was a corrupt download file so I loaded exactly the same files onto a USB memory stick.  The files stutter on the iPod and play perfectly from the USB stick.  The music plays OK from the iPhone via Bluetooth, but then i can't use the steering wheel controls etc.

To me it falls in the 'stuff happens' basket and the good thing is the track isn't a keeper so I haven't bothered trying to identify or fix the problem.

I've tried 3 different iPods they all stutter and this is whilst using the so called Skoda "iPod" USB cable.  A guess a trip the dealer is called for. 

Had this issue on my Passat too. 

But no longer have any Apple products so the issue went away for me.

Lee

• 2 months later...

I bought a new Fabia mark III in Feb 2016.  It has a Bolero stereo and has exactly the same problem with ipod playback (random stuttering), in this case with three different ipods.  Having made several trips to the dealer in the first 6 weeks, including an unsuccessful fix with a new dealer-supplied Skoda USB connecting lead, I have now been waiting for seven months "for the factory to come up with a software fix".  

I also remember seeing a post from robbo84klfc in April 2016 who had the same problem with a Fabia mark III Monte Carlo, which I believe has the Bolero stereo fitted as standard.  So, there appears to be a problem with ipod playback on some Bolero units supplied with recent Skodas.  My dealer's, and Skoda Customer Service's, unwillingness to replace the faulty unit suggests that this problem might actually affect all Bolero units fitted to recent Skodas.

It would be interesting to know of any Bolero units from Skodas newer than, say, November 2015 which do not have this problem.  This issue affects playback from ipods, and also iphones when used with a USB connecting lead.

I had previously bought a new Yeti in March 2015, which I still own, and it also has a Bolero stereo.  The ipod playback has always been faultless on this car, as has the whole car in fact, which is why I was so disappointed to find this problem with my Feb 2016 Fabia.  I believe that the Smartlink capability was added to Bolero stereos sometime around May 2015, so I can't help wondering if this 'upgrade' inadvertently introduced a fault with playback from Apple devices.

In any case, Skoda have been unable to find a solution to this problem for several months, during which there have been at least three TV advertising campaigns for the Fabia, all of which begin with "Love your music?", and end with "Skoda - simply clever".  I think even Alanis Morrissette might find that ironic.

Apologies for the length of this post - I'm new to all this stuff.

• 10 months later...

Nudge on this topic,

I have the same problem with my 16 reg Octavia SE when playing my iPod 2 through the cable.

Did anyone ever get a satisfactory resolution to this problem?

Haven't seen a robust solution posted anywhere. Any help appreciated!

I had no help from the dealer so went directly to Skoda Customer Support.  They were only helpful in telling me that there was no fix at the moment and did not know when there would be one.  Basically I've given up hope of a fix.