Why make things difficult? (changing brake bulb)

Tried to change the bulb on my Skoda Superb. Used the torx tool in the tool kit which promptly stripped the screws. Both of them. They are in so tight and the screw themselves appear to be made by margarine :-(  Little wonder so many cars drive around with brake lights not working! I've tried a better quality torn, so I could get better purchase but the screws still won't budge. I've sprayed WD40 on and left them before I completely wreck the screw head. 

Is there any simple way of loosening the screws? Changing a bulb shouldn't be so difficult :-( 

Other than that I love my Skoda. 

Any chance these screws have heads facing the front of the car?  In which case, are you definitely unscrewing the correct way? Easy to get it wrong when the bolt head is facing away from you.

I wonder if someone has overtightened them before?

Mine were dead easy to remove...

SkodaSuperbLEDTailLights1_zps6f3f762b.jp

SkodaSuperbLEDTailLights2_zps9fba53d2.jp

SkodaSuperbLEDTailLights4_zpsbf0d5cfe.jp

SkodaSuperbLEDTailLights6_zps3e161f85.jp

SkodaSuperbLEDTailLights15_zps8411067a.j

SkodaSuperbLEDTailLights12_zps988abd87.j

SkodaSuperbLEDTailLights26_zps570b024b.j

Plus 1 from me although one of those little plastic screw covers fell out. Just over £6 to replace!!!

If you've buggered the heads try using an electric screwdriver and use a flat head bit that's about the same size as the original torx hole . Jam the bit into the torx head . Press firmly and put the driver in reverse . this should force the bit to dig into the screw and unscrew it

• 2 weeks later...

Not had a problem taking mine out. Definitely get a decent driver.

I bought a set from Amazon for around £8 and nice long handled t shape. Had a short one on the handle to.

I don't like the way they've designed the lights, I prefer the mondeo where the light stays on the car and you reach in from an inspection panel and unclip a peice which holds all the bulbs so you can examine them as they are still attached to the loom