Anyone Tried Both The GT1752 & GT1756 Turbos?

As above.

Has anyone tried both of these turbos?
I'd imagine the 1752 is slightly better for pulling in the lower rev range where as the 1756 is better for the higher revs,

Currently leaning towards the 1752 just now as my car is a daily driver and i rarely ever drive it hard. When I do give ti the beans i never rev it over 4k.

Just now it appears to have some type of hybrid on it (early GT1749 maybe), Forg eFMIC, Miltek cat back, EGR delete, Helix SMF & upgraded clutch.

Am i right in thinking that 210bhp from an Xman 1752 unit is achievable for long term reliability & 230bhp from the 1756?

I know to get the most from the 1756 upgraded head bolts and 4 bar MAP sensor are needed but are these needed also with the 1752?

Also, my car has a custom Jappasport remap on it from a long time ago when the hybrid was fitted. If i fitted a 1752 unit and the VNT etc is set up correctly would i get away with my existing map (1.55bar) for a while or would it need to be mapped fairly soon after fitting?

Thanks in advance.

Current turbo is on it's last legs and needs replaced and i'm being paid off my job this month so limited funds.
I've no idea how close my current one is to the 1752 spec just now. Might be virtually the same...

Needs to be long term reliable so staying away from 2nd hand units as won't be fitting it myself.  A good reconditioned PD150 turbo isn't much off the price of a GT1752 and for all i know the one on mines is a 1752, It was fitted about 7 years / 100k miles ago.

Mainly after advise on the comparison between the 1752 and 1756 for driveability etc.

A remap isn;t off the cards completely and i do want more power when i find another job but that coudl be a few weeks to several months. so seems best to get something a bit more capable whilst this turbo is dying.

A well build 1756 will come on boost better then a poorly built 1752. Like wise a well built 1752 will out perform a poorly built 1756.

I would recommend a turbo dynamics stage 2 pd150 hybrid.

• Like 1

I can't say I know any figures of have even second hand experience but: would buying an old pd150, then having it reconditioned and 'hybridised' be economically viable?

Just a thought. As when I went to a local turbo place they asked me how much I had paid for my gtb, they were shocked at how much it was, until I told them it had been reconditioned and vacuum converted. But a pd150 unit wouldn't need as much work would it.

JRJG

I'll need to have a look at the hybrid already on mines.

It was fitted by Jabbasport in 2007 according to the service history.

They only listed it as "Garrett Hybrid"

Not sure what the common hybrid's were back then.
It's done approx 100k miles at 1.55bar and was meant to be 180 bhp with the FMIC and exhaust. Smokeless map as well.

• 1 month later...

I'd say that the car is custom mapped for a particular hybrid turbo.

Fitting anything else to it would require another custom remap to maximise the performance and longevity of the drivetrain.

Another option is to garage the car or sell it. And buy a less complicated but possibly reliable shed to get you around for a while. Whilst trying to get the Fabia sorted out. Is it possible you could get Xman to rebuild your existing turbo?