Selling an S100

bunn

Hi,

As the title suggests I'm planning to sell my S100 due to going to see the world.

I have no idea what its worth or where the best place to try and sell it is.

Its a 1975 LHD S100L i bought it in 2009 and got it u.k registered. Its got an mot up to 18/10/16.

Whilst i've owned it its had new radiator core, clutch, electric fuel pump, electric washer pump, engine fuel lines, spark plugs, distributor, ht cables, interior handle set, new wheels and tyres.

There's probably some other bits i've done here and there but can't remember.

I also resprayed it a few years back in a matt blue as the old paint was fading and starting to be pocked with rust which is coming back again in a few places.

During its last mot the front nearside wheel arch and cross member had to be re welded and new front inner skin was welded in. Outside of that the only other major work was stripping and rebuilding the steering linkage and refreshing the brakes. The rest of the work carried out was realigning teh headlights, adjusting the washers and tightening the seatbelt anchors

The car has run whenever i've wanted it since then and is mechanically sound but could do with being tidied up aesthectically but as it has been a weekend toy for me that has never been my biggest concern. I just wanted a car i could jump in start up and cruise about in.

A collection of photos can be found here: http://postimg.org/gallery/2ow71hcma/

Any questions or advice is greatly appreciated, I'll be back home and near the car again this weekend if I need to get any more pictures or information.

Thanks, Benn

S series are really hard to price because they aren't very common but they also don't have much of a following (S110r coupe excepted). Yours is LHD which doesn't help over here but it is UK registered and it's in a nice - non beige - colour! A fairly tidy RHD one sold for £1300 last year. I would try it at £1000 and see if you get any bites. Either that or do the only thing to truly find its value and put it on fleabay on an auction and see what happens! Bit risky but it can pay off. You might find Czechs and other East Europeans get interested particularly with it being LHD. A smart and lightly modified (but not concourse) Rapid went for over £3k last year which is much more than any recent Rapid has gone for - probably because people who wanted it and had money got in a bidding war. 

• 3 weeks later...