its falling apart....

I dunno, a lot depends on how its used/abused, mine gets little abuse even as a taxi cos i mainly do nice long drives on a school run, its pure taxi work, banging round the town over speed humps,traffic lights, stop/start that affects them most just like multidrop in a big van...which ive done and killed vans

Yes, my Superb is proving very unreliable. OK so I had to have a front foglight in it's early life, but since then I'm appalled that a number plate lamp bulb has failed.

• Like 4

Yes, my Superb is proving very unreliable. OK so I had to have a front foglight in it's early life, but since then I'm appalled that a number plate lamp bulb has failed.

A BULB!?! Get rid of it straight away, useless piece of Czech rubbish. Probably still built by a load of gaad damn commies....

Edited by numskull
  • Like 1

ive already replaced a wiper blade!

I haven't even done that - though the rear blade is a bit streaky!  I shall demand a warranty repair off these crazy German mismanaged Czech charlatans!!!   :drunk:

I've been told I may need to change my tyres next year. All these issues - It never ends.

P.S. At least when I had my BMW I had real problems, not this girly stuff. Manly, cool sounding stuff like buggered turbo actuators, failed diversity modules, failed SLS compressors and active steering CU's. These days, someone at Halfords can actually fix my problems. It feels like I've been neutered   :p

• Like 3

ive already replaced a wiper blade!

I haven't even done that - though the rear blade is a bit streaky!  I shall demand a warranty repair off these crazy German mismanaged Czech charlatans!!!   :drunk:

I've been told I may need to change my tyres next year. All these issues - It never ends.

P.S. At least when I had my BMW I had real problems, not this girly stuff. Manly, cool sounding stuff like buggered turbo actuators, failed diversity modules, failed SLS compressors and active steering CU's. These days, someone at Halfords can actually fix my problems. It feels like I've been neutered   :p

What is the matter with you guys!?! A streaky blade and a BROKEN BLADE? You should get down to the commie-riddled dealer and DEMAND replacement vehicles - if you'd all bought a proper non-commified auto-mow-bill like a good ol' blue oval or chevvy pick-up or a mans car like a Caddy or Mitsubishi Carisma, you wouldn't have these problems...

• Like 2

It starts with small faults then it gets worse, the 100,000 miles of poor reliability on the Yeti is your future. I haven't read the thread but it seems strange for somebody to keep a car that long if it is that bad. http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/385693-100000-miles-of-poor-reliability-in-a-skoda-yeti-12tsi/

By contrast my outgoing Superb II went on for in excess 130,000 miles without so much as a problem. 

What is the matter with you guys!?! A streaky blade and a BROKEN BLADE? You should get down to the commie-riddled dealer and DEMAND replacement vehicles - if you'd all bought a proper non-commified auto-mow-bill like a good ol' blue oval or chevvy pick-up or a mans car like a Caddy or Mitsubishi Carisma, you wouldn't have these problems...

UK troops have gone as far as Poland on a NATO exercise, Putin aint having our factory thanks 

i took my car back too. done few thousand miles and now need the rear tyres replaced! wasnt told that when i got the car, iv been told that i will need the front ones done as well! also i think my superbs got a leak, keep having top it up with diesel as the needle keeps dropping down, worse on long drives. :clap:

Ohmigod, me too! I have that Diesel leak on my 1.6d as well. It not just a 2.0 problem. Dont go thinking you're special with that 170 DSG. Its obviously an issue across the EA189 engine range.

Every time I drive the needle drops - the more I drive it the worse it gets! My information display boasts about it! I swear to God - on my way in today it bragged that it was leaking 4.9 litres every 100 km I was doing.  Skoda's attitude seems to be that if it ain't engine oil then it's normal. 

Maybe my BMW was the same - I just didn't notice because I was so busy fixing and paying for other things...?    :notme:

• Like 2

Ohmigod, me too! I have that Diesel leak on my 1.6d as well. It not just a 2.0 problem. Dont go thinking you're special with that 170 DSG. Its obviously an issue across the EA189 engine range.

Every time I drive the needle drops - the more I drive it the worse it gets! My information display boasts about it! I swear to God - on my way in today it bragged that it was leaking 4.9 litres every 100 km I was doing.  Skoda's attitude seems to be that if it ain't engine oil then it's normal. 

Maybe my BMW was the same - I just didn't notice because I was so busy fixing and paying for other things...?    :notme:

Red-under-the-bed Czech commies making leaking vehicles.....

oh i forgot, from new, whenever i stop at traffic lights the engine cuts out, luckily its been able to start again, not good in a new car

Ahh no. I have that happening on my 1.6 as well,  especially bad when I'm in a city. Do you think its a 1.6 diesel thing - stalling when stood still?

Could be the electrics? I've got fog lights that turn on when I turn the steering wheel, wipers that come on without me touching the stalk and headlights that switch on when I haven't gone anywhere near the headlight dial. 

I got a "Drowsiness alert" the other day. WTF? A car that likes to go for a snooze? On the motorway!?!

"Simply clever", my hairy Irish arse. 

Edited by TheRobinK
  • Like 3

I think the VW emissions scare was a diversion to deflect attention from Skodagate

You are so right. The SOB's are begging for a PR disaster too. 

I asked about the LED's on the front of my car which cant be turned off - no matter what I do. The damn things stay on in daytime!

When I asked they just sad "It's because you have a facelift". WTF you say... I may be 50 soon but I've never gone near a plastic surgeon in my life! As if its any of their bloody business anyways.

Simply Rude.