EikokuSanzoku

No note an average this was the figure i was quoted

Offer type: Personal Contract Hire

Mileage per annum: 10000

Model: New Skoda Yeti Outdoor Estate 2.0TDI L+K 4X4. Metallic or Solid Paint.

Initial rental: £2250

23 X Monthly rentals of £220

Plus i need slightly more mileage and would want one factory fitted option so would be more than £230.

Was looking not to tie money up in depreciating asset but i dont want to pay a £4,000 privilege just to have access to funds.

But at least reading through the topic  i can say at least i have looked at the finance option and its not for me this time around looking for a replacement car as its going to cost me more overall.  But it has been good to use the links and investigate the option

No note an average this was the figure i was quoted

Offer type: Personal Contract Hire

Mileage per annum: 10000

Model: New Skoda Yeti Outdoor Estate 2.0TDI L+K 4X4. Metallic or Solid Paint.

Initial rental: £2250

23 X Monthly rentals of £220

Plus i need slightly more mileage and would want one factory fitted option so would be more than £230.

Was looking not to tie money up in depreciating asset but i dont want to pay a £4,000 privilege just to have access to funds.

But at least reading through the topic  i can say at least i have looked at the finance option and its not for me this time around looking for a replacement car as its going to cost me more overall.  But it has been good to use the links and investigate the option

Do you tow with it? 

If not seems crazy to go with the diesel. £80 a month extra on 10k miles a year. You will never make that back in fuel saving and the TSi is nicer to drive IMO.

Lee

Edited by logiclee

PCP offer 0% finance £1000 towards deposit £500 free fuel

£245 plus £1000 = £1245 deposit and £245 pm 41 payments     Outdoor 1.2TSI 110 se candy white

Edited by skoda1982

I still cannot quite get my head round this PCP thing and how it works, particularly at the end of the contract, although it got my lad into a new car for £89 a month over 4 years.

Looked at it recently but on a new Rapid, however I found that I could save £1600 if I could afford the cash route over the PCP in terms of the overall cost of the car. Although I ended up going for a year old Seat, as both options on a new car were too expensive, plus the Seat dealer was offering 1.5k more for my current Rapid than the Skoda dealer :wonder: 

TP 

I saw the yeti deal a while back and went for it, although my local (northern Ireland) dealer bettered the simpson deal.. we got a Yeti outdoor 1.2tsi SEL model (leather, xenons, cruise, heated seats etc), 8k a year for £2089 down and £89 a month.. would of been £83 but we added silver roofbars and tables to the back of the front seats..  hard to beat really..

• 1 month later...

Some new silly (cheap) lease deals on the Yeti, especially the Monte Carlo 1.2 DSG

Might be worth a look if you want something for 2 years until new Yeti is out

http://www.fleetprices.co.uk/personal-lease-cars/skoda/yeti-estate

Some of those are crazy cheap, I wonder if they actually have cars available at those prices? I've emailed them to see.

They appear to be being offered manufacturing blocks of cars, either scheduled on on the way. I would think it would likely be a reasonable delivery either way.

They appear to be being offered manufacturing blocks of cars, either scheduled on on the way. I would think it would likely be a reasonable delivery either way.

It 14 week delivery time, i know because i just swapped my Fabia order which to this deal.

• Like 1

I keep a close eye on several of the popular leasing forums and the Skoda Yeti has regularly topped the best deals for several months now.

A serious amount of car for a very low price.

Anyone considering a Yeti right now would be crazy to consider anything other than a PCH.

• Like 3

Looking at a PCH deal for a 1.4tsi L&K to replace my current Yeti. 

What are the views on whether I need to sort this out before the SKoda deal finishes at the end of this month ?

Have the Skoda prices been increased  to reflect state of the £ GBP since Brexit ?

Looking at a PCH deal for a 1.4tsi L&K to replace my current Yeti. 

What are the views on whether I need to sort this out before the SKoda deal finishes at the end of this month ?

Have the Skoda prices been increased  to reflect state of the £ GBP since Brexit ?

Skoda tends to do its deals quarterly. 

Not aware of any price changes since Brexit, but logically the sterling value should be 15-20% higher vs euro than March when prices last revised.  Unlikely to go up by that much, but can only see prices going one way (up), my guess is about 30% chance of price rise, 0% chance of price fall.

Yeti may be different to rest of the range as it is approaching run out phase so prices may stay same (or have smaller % increase) even if other Skoda models get increased prices. 

The other risk is they drop another engine / spec combination.  Annoying if its the one you want.

Hi Guys - new to the forum but hoping to be a regular poster if all goes well.

First off I have never owned a Skoda before and never leased a vehicle before (always bought outright) but after many years of vehicle depreciation I have been working the figures and the current PCH deals on the Yeti are nothing short of amazing, I have needed to double check that the figures I see in front of me are correct cause they seem to good to be true.

I have narrowed it down to the Monte Carlo 1.2 Tsi DSG as it seems to be the best for value v equipment and for my mileage I don't need a Diesel (previous bad experience with diesels have put me off also), so having visited 2 local dealers, I have sat in the Yeti, looked at the different colours in the flesh and also asked numerous questions about both the lease terms and the vehicle itself along with plenty of background research, but no test drive yet.

Not sure what next month holds but the dealerships have told me the current offers finish end of Sept and its pretty much the same deal as being offered by Simpsons, with delivery to be between 8-12 weeks in the Quartz Grey.

I'll throw the first question out there, any thing I need to ask the dealer I may of missed,  has anyone else on here used PCH through Skoda directly, thoughts, problems, they said the car can come back with fair wear and tear and said they have a booklet to use as a guideline to what they deem to be FWAT.

They have said doing between 16-20k over the 2 years I will need 1 service, now is it best to go on variable servicing or stick to fixed, i think I recall them mentioning first year service / oil change £149 which aint bad but don't want to get caught for the second at 20k / 24 months, what is the price for a first service on a Yeti using the variable servicing, guessing its more than the £149 due to different oil being used,

Some of the issues I have read on here hopefully I will not face due to the 2 year lease i.e. Rust spots, also I am guessing that driven well and swapped front to back at 12 months the tyres should see me through the 24 months / 20k miles.

Any others advice / guidance would be great as the clock is ticking if I am to sign up this month, or take a chance on what comes out next month

Edited by jonnyboy78

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Not owned at petrol Yeti but three diesels. With your expected mileage a Diesel would be a good choice. I have mine on a variable service, which means I get to do a single service every two years as the mileage is considerably extended. Never had an issue with ththe Skoda diesels I've owned and generally clock up 13K plus a year. The Euro 6 current Diesel does have AdBlue. I know you've said no to Diesel but it might be a consideration.

I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of offers on the Yeti, it's still very popular and has probably two years before the Yeti II arrives in 2018.

Maybe next year 2017 will see even better end of production run out offers.

You'll get loads of good advice on here and I'm sure you'll find we're a pretty friendly bunch all in all.

I'm in a similar situation to 'Johnnyboy1978', though I have already placed an order (PCH) for a 1.2 Monte Carlo DSG around 4 weeks ago.  I've also always bought my cars before, so this is the first time 'hiring'.

I had a diesel Yeti until recently, and a diesel Octavia before that, so am familiar with the fixed/variable servicing dilemma.  I wasn't sure whether the petrol models came with the same choice but I suppose they must, or you wouldn't be asking.  I presumed that mine would just come on 'fixed' servicing  -  I expect to do 18-19k miles over the 2 years, so was hoping to get away with just the one service at the end of year 1, then be handing it back before the 2nd one is due.

I've also been thinking about the tyre situation and hoping that the originals last the 2 years, and will swap them around to even the wear as necessary.

Having to do a second service and replace tyres would likely add £500+ onto the overall cost, so I would obviously wish to avoid that if possible (though, even with that added on, it would still be considerably cheaper than buying the car for 2 years).

The PCH deals on the Monte Carlo petrol DSG are so cheap compared to anything else, that even if you considered the diesel, take the petrol DSG, You are going to have to do a massive mileage to be saving £30+ per month in fuel (to offset extra lease cost). If you do those mileages you will be well over 8k-10k miles per year.

The fixed vs variable servicing is not worth worrying about, variable requires lots of steady driving, no labouring up hills laden, or lots of town driving, or lots of short runs. Very unlikely to get no service in 2 years so assume one light intermediate service and then it goes back before you pay for second service. For a 2 year PCH don't add a service plan, will cost you much more. Not sure but I think it's 12k miles max between fixed services so 19k miles should be one service.

Depending on quality of road surface where you live, may need to swap the tyres front-back to even wear, check how they have worn just before first service. Should be able to avoid buying replacements unless you are unlucky enough to get puncture.

Regarding other things, just think of your lifestyle, do you need boot protector because you have dog, or heavy duty rubber mats because you get muddy shoes regularly. Fair Wear and Tear allows some marks, but it's not to be returned like a trashed builders pickup truck.

The lease will probably include car tax, breakdown cover and warranty (some will be manufacturer), but not insurance. My only other suggestion is when you get it, check the tyre pressures, may be set for fully laden, or too high for transport. Inspect for any blemishes and marks and note them, if serious, ensure it is fixed / will be fixed before signing acceptance.

Edited by SurreyJohn

The number one aim for a PCH (lease) is to keep costs to an absolute minimum. Remember the car isn't yours, it never will be, you are simply hiring it.

The Skoda Yeti is currently one of the best deals out there at the moment. Do it and do it now!

The 1.2 TSI petrol engine is a peach, no need for diesel until your annual mileage reaches at least 15,000 miles per year.

Go for the longest service interval possible, this isn't your own car, there is little point going for fixed servicing (10,000 miles / 12 months, which ever is reach first). The dealer is right, go for variable (up to 20,000 miles / 2 years) as this means on a typical 8K / 10K per year lease you'll only need to service it once at £149.

Put the cheapest fuel in it.

Skoda UK subscribe to the BVRLA and therefore adhere to their fair wear and tear policy. This means you can drive the car pretty much worry free. Small scratches, scuffs and dents are all acceptable wear and tear on a 2 year old 20,000 mile car. The policy can be viewed on BVRLA's website...

http://www.bvrla.co.uk/service/fair-wear-and-tear-guides

Does anyone know the price of a first variable service as I was quoted the £149 for a fixed service at 12mths/10000miles, on a variable it could be 18mths/16000miles for example, but cannot find anywhere where it states the cost of the first variable service, I am guessing its more than fixed servicing as its done less often and they tend to use more expensive long life oils, anyone had one done on a 1.2 TSI engine.

Also any particular options worth having, just thinking about a space saver wheel and the smart link to allow me to have my phones Sat Nav on the in car display, any experience of using the smart link?? anyone

• 1 month later...

Did a PCH deal in Sept for a L&K Yeti , just checked Simpson's current quotes and the prices seem to have dropped by ~£10/20 pm .

"£2490 initial rental and then 23 payments of £105 per month"

Or have I go this wrong ?