Pistonheads Skoda Sunday Service 17/07/2016

octyal

So there promoting the VRS Brand that'll be the Octy hatch and estate then!! Sounds enticing.

There will be more that that. Bonneville car. Rally car. And a certain vintage SKODA worth approx. £250,000.

Surprised there's not been more take-up from around here to be honest. I'll be there in my Superb - weather's meant to be excellent as well.

• Like 1

There will be more that that. Bonneville car. Rally car. And a certain vintage SKODA worth approx. £250,000.

Surprised there's not been more take-up from around here to be honest. I'll be there in my Superb - weather's meant to be excellent as well.

Ill be there in my superb aswell. Have to have a chat and compare Edited by vrsadz
  • Like 1

Looking forward to meeting a few forum members and putting faces to usernames.

I'll be in the silver Rapid Spaceback with a Briskoda sticker on the boot. Do come and say hi :)

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Hi Chris, I'll come and find you. Anyone else here ?

Great to meet up with you Xavier - love the car.

Decent turnout today, but some ominous clouds looming.

bc3e11e2a57d4bdd4e9162f223e0bf5e.jpg

59685cdc32c84c8049876945d76afede.jpg

03cb5956af740da9a6755d7306d5752e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• Administrators

Super.

Clouds didn't deliver I hope. How many there, big venue?

Well, fingers crossed we'll see something from Skoda for our national meeting. Good job we're all bringing the best car in the world.... our own pride of place car of course :)

If you can make the Saturday, well bring ear plugs as we wave off the Silverstone classics :D Would be epic to borrow one of those cars to take part in that Rallye.

In case you're not sure it's the orange one, it's an amazing thing to drive. So much more experience than anything in the last 20years, well anything I've been given the keys to :)

Super.

Clouds didn't deliver I hope. How many there, big venue?

Well, fingers crossed we'll see something from Skoda for our national meeting. Good job we're all bringing the best car in the world.... our own pride of place car of course :)

If you can make the Saturday, well bring ear plugs as we wave off the Silverstone classics :D Would be epic to borrow one of those cars to take part in that Rallye.

In case you're not sure it's the orange one, it's an amazing thing to drive. So much more experience than anything in the last 20years, well anything I've been given the keys to :)

Can't speak for those who stayed later, but I split just before lunchtime and the rain had held off (and it was still nice and warm).

The venue was very good - absolutely loads of space. It's an old airfield. From what I can gather it's used for car experience days, storage and the like. The events company that Skoda uses is actually based there, so hosting the Sunday Service there was the easiest/cheapest option for them.

• Administrators

Can't speak for those who stayed later, but I split just before lunchtime and the rain had held off (and it was still nice and warm).

The venue was very good - absolutely loads of space. It's an old airfield. From what I can gather it's used for car experience days, storage and the like. The events company that Skoda uses is actually based there, so hosting the Sunday Service there was the easiest/cheapest option for them.

You know I asked the very same question only a few months back, well 6+ now... Could we hold an owners meet at the 'skoda place'?

Sadly it was a flat out no. It's a secret location, secured compound... So the cars might be held elsewhere, but in essence, this was is a perfect example of what could've been done for owners groups too, maybe even the same day... /goes of to look for #nearlymaybenexttime-smiley :D

• Like 1