Suspension Problems already see pic's

Here you go  :x

95B18E32-BD0B-47EA-9298-855C2547A69F_zps

5B2283D5-2E7F-464D-B89F-DB7A5874EBA2_zps

A3C832AD-82E9-4A58-B045-A8E11FAF6F03_zps

331B3180-0940-479E-9251-BBB421946B47_zps

546DA656-4302-44C1-8502-FA3DA227446D_zps

That spring is not sitting insde the cup properly when the weight is on the car, it wont take long for that to rub metal on metal and weaken and probably snap the spring , i would remove the springs and get your money back ,

maybe get some eibach lowering springs as they dont seem to have any problems but they only lower the saloon about 10mm .

Hopefully they acknowledge the problem and i'll get a cheeky upgrade.... :angel:

There is deffo a problem,done 100 mile's today so should be fully settled,to my surprise i have no squeak.

But as said will eventually break.

I did speak with someone with a cr170 LE who had same setup,i really liked it,and is why i copied.I will have to track them down to see if they have had any issue's.

Phone line to APEX is alway's busy and ringback can't be used  :x

Edited by vrsRo55

UPDATE number given above is just a supplier of APEX spring and they are biggest in UK.

I told them the issue and i'm awaiting a response,guy seemed very helpful asked for all picture's and said he would be back in touch.

hmm I have a lot of experience fitting lowering springs and coilovers on mk5 and 6 golfs but it just doesn't look right to me 

the spring itself looks like it is upside down. this is purely from experience of using coilovers and any other springs i have seen. Ive never seen this brand so I am not ruling this out. The section that is quite tightly coiled together is designed to touch the coils like many coil springs do. Its a very hard science to do this with out making noise or making noise in the long term. Many many manufacturers do this with a lot of success thats where most of there "R&D" goes.

Also are those non genuine shocks? there could be the slight chance that the spring base on that shock is slightly different to the very original one. Where you are getting that mark on the bottom of the springs which 100% isn't right and will be where your noise is from. it looks more likely it is upside down but if you are saying that the way they are meant to be then all i could think of is filing that base down slightly. 

i would definitely follow up with apex before doing anything 

also as a very final check 

give apex the axle loads for the car and make sure it is in range (it will be on a data sticker on the b piller most likely) just incase apex have decided to use a one spring fits all on the mk5 /octavia platform and it doesn't cover the extra weight of a octavia. Usually the way it sits at the rear is a clue 

Id have said by looking at them they were fitted upside down. The tighter wound bit should be at the bottom as its a duel wound spring so it should get stiffer as the spring is compressed. The wider coils at the top give a slight more pliant ride then stiffen as a corner is taken as the spring coils move closer together. I think pit round the right way you wont have the noise.

Deffo fitted correctly they can only fit one way,and they are NOT side,nor are the shock's.

Shocks can be swapped over,it's just the droplink that fit's different,and these are sided.

The top of the springs are flat for the bearing to sit flush,the bottom of the spring is hooked to locate in the shock.

the spring itself looks like it is upside down. this is purely from experience of using coilovers and any other springs i have seen. Ive never seen this brand so I am not ruling this out. The section that is quite tightly coiled together is designed to touch the coils like many coil springs do. Its a very hard science to do this with out making noise or making noise in the long term. Many many manufacturers do this with a lot of success thats where most of there "R&D" goes.

Also are those non genuine shocks? 

I have fitted a fair few suspension bit's,living in the country i tend to go through more stuff than anyone i know.

The shock's are genuine sachs just not VAG branded.they are only suited for vrs.55mm sports. The octavia sport uses 50mm so there can be no mix up there.

I have double checked everything. I have however just noticed the new spring has a different number on it,i will need to speak with APEX about this because it could just be a batch number not a part number. I am going to check the golf's APEX P/N see if they share the same spring,which could be the reason.