replacing broken Columbus with cheapy stereo

Hi, I'm looking for some advice pls. We have a 2010 suberb SE with Columbus fitted & the columbus has gone bust. No display, no sound...

As my wife uses the car now & she didnt use the HDD/bluetooth/phone functions of the columbus & has a separate garmin nav, she just wants an straight forward CD/radio. So, I was thinking of a £50 pioneer unit from Halfords with a facia adaptor & wiring harness. Is it just as straight forward as that? does the columbus output straight to the speakers, or is there an external amp I need to consider? We've got a local auto electrician who can (he says) code out any error messages we might get.

Thanks for any advice.

This is the facia adaptor I was looking at: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-SUPERB-2008-to-2013-BLACK-SINGLE-DIN-STEREO-FACIA-ADAPTOR-PANEL-FASCIA-/361589543430?hash=item54306a9206:g:j9UAAOSwtJZXWTf7

Head unit we are thinking of is Pioneer DEH-1800UB

hi  i have a 13 sup se. with bolero. fault on fm . can any body suggest replacement bearing in mined that the radio surround has air bag warning clipped at bottom center of it thanks

hi  i have a 13 sup se. with bolero. fault on fm . can any body suggest replacement bearing in mined that the radio surround has air bag warning clipped at bottom center of it thanks

13 reg? Might still be under warranty.

Dave

hi 4 mths out of warr dealership got car new,  says tried skoda for goodwill .no deal. so no vw group next time .disgusted

Contact Skoda UK directly before you give up.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Contact Skoda UK directly before you give up.

i did no joy. ans was cant offer any thing unless dealer finds fault they have no diagnostic for radio . then its between them .and dealer so its out of car. sent local car radioshop who found fault it needs new tuner but this is integrated with mother board.so might dump at dealer new its £750 plus vat!