Superb Gen 3 LED taillights on a Gen 2 wagon

Hi guys,

Has anyone put Superb Gen 3 Combi LED tail lights on a Gen 2 Superb Combi

Does it fit ok? Looks like it does or am I wasting my time?

Looking at an upgrade

Hatch back lid, rear panel shape, light assembly dimensions, they are all very different. 

Why wouldn't you go for the Gen 2 Rear LED lights from the facelifted cars? Other members here have done that and it has to be an easier win than going the Gen 3 route..?

There is a thread on the Gen 2 LED tails here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/138833-superb-in-china-led-rear-lights/page-7?hl=%2Bled+%2Btaillight#entry3443715 and a thread on coding them here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/251203-coding-skoda-superb-led-taillights-in-vcds-byte-18-without-loosing-drls/?hl=%2Bled+%2Btaillight

Am I reading the opening post correctly?

You want to put the Skoda Superb MkIII estate (combi) tail lights onto your 2011 (MkII) estate?

You've no chance, they are completely different...

MkIII...

Skoda-Superb-Combi-Estate-2016-mk3-10.jp

MkII...

diffusor.jpg

The only thing I can think of is that you want to put the MkII facelift tail lights on your MkII pre-facelift car?

For example, replace these (non LED)...

Skoda-Superb-estate-2011-lights.jpg

With the later LED cluster...

E9-LED-rear-lights-superb-combi-01.thumb.jpg.0cd5960f6fd02496e6e8c9e2e715be30.jpg.6ad274064128dd711a4234432aaa0be7.jpg

In which case they will physically fit, i.e. they will fit to the car, however as I found out it is likely you will need a new CECM that supports the operation of the LED tail lights, they are not plug-and-play, especially on earlier models.

See my experience here (albeit on the hatchback / twindoor)...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/317380-skoda-superb-mkii-pre-facelift-led-rear-light-cluster-conversion/

For some reason the LED rear lights on the facelift combi only covered the tail lights (night lights), brake lights and fog light, the indicators and reverse lights are still normal incandescent bulbs.

On the twindoor all functions are LED...

content_skoda-superb-taillight.jpg

Edited by silver1011

I've just put the FL LED tail lights on my pre-FL combi.

Required the lights, new black plastic covers (where the screws are) and a Q revision CECM to replace the K revision in the car - credit to langers2k for the swapping the BCM and coding it up :)

Tried an AF revision CECM, but that caused a reduction in keyfob range to <2ft, so was replaced with the Q revision which works fine

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the part numbers you are looking for (if you are in Hungary) are 3T9945095A and 3T9945096A   (the "A" at then end of the part number is for left hand drive cars - for right hand drive cars like most owners here own it would be a "B" at the end)

You can get them from any Skoda dealer, online sellers and they are often on eBay - I've seen the right and left lights being sold together for prices of €220 to €300

These part numbers are for the Combi/Estate. 

For example: http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en/shop/skoda/oem-skoda-superb-2-facelift-led/

Edited by TheRobinK

Just a note the right hand drive ones don't come with a rear left fog light, the space for them is there, but the actual LEDs aren't present - unsure if the LHD A versions do or not

RHD cars might not having cabling for a rear left fog - forgot to check the original cluster on mine before I swapped it out

I ordered them from a UK Skoda dealer on their eBay store:

Lights:

3T9945095B

3T9945096B

Covers:

3T9 945 311

3T9 945 312

Just one more question, can the official dealer reprogram the FL taillight into my pre-fl?

From Tapatalk

From a technical standpoint, yes. Either VAS 5051 which is the official dealer tool, or ODIS (which is what they make available to registered independents) is required to make the coding change.

Whether they will be willing to is a different question. If you get on well with them, it couldn't hurt to ask.

Only after you replace the CECM module, the module on some early cars is not compatible to run the LED's (such as on my 2011 car).

Edited by silver1011

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, VWGDT said:

I have a new LED light lens for the UK so I tried it in my combi without any change from 00 to 31 in 18, the light unit works but shows a defective light unit in word 09 fault memory. When changing from 00 to 31 the defective light unit fault has gone. Only issue is when turning the ignition on, the fishing voltage for the bulb check illuminates the LED lights. My BCM (word09) - 1K0 937 087 AB  PQ35 H+      SW V. 0651

If anyone has done this mod by fitting the Q BCM, can you turn the ignition on and check this bulb self test shows up on yours.  This only happens on an ignition cycle so will need someone to turn your ignition on, or reverse up to some shop windows etc and cycle the ignition.

Will see if I can post a vid.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ui41ie1btpjbgnn/IMG_6302.MOV?dl=0

If you can see the bulb test, it isn't properly coded....

An AB rev should be fine. This isn't something VCDS can typically do so I use ODIS-e to directly edit the EEPROM rather than using byte 18. Where are you based?

It's not as simple as choosing a setting, you'll need to editing individual bits in the BCM EEPROM to sort it. For example, this is a MK2 FL Octavia vRS with dual rear fog lights enabled:

BCM.thumb.png.ec2eacb527b5d869575246aabed83a38.png

Is it ODIS-e (engineering) or ODIS-s (service) you have access to?

Assuming it's ODIS-e and if I can get remote access, drop me a PM as I should be able to help :)

• 1 month later...

I didn't think the availability of the rear fog light was dependant on wiring? Whether LHD or RHD the wiring loom is the same, operation of the fog lights is down to the cluster and coding?

Those cars set from the factory with single operation rear fogs (such as the MkIII Octavia) can have the non-working side enabled via coding, only if the bulb or LED is there obviously.

I think the MkII Superb was one of the last UK Skoda models to get twin rear fogs from the factory.

Good idea buying an 'A' version cluster to fit to the passenger side of a RHD car to get twin LED rear fog though!

• Like 2

Not sure if wiring is present for both rear fogs on cars with factory LED tail lights so adding the second may not be simple.

If retrofitting LED tails on a car which originally had halogen tail with dual fogs, you can code for left, right or both. Personally, I'd still want to have both enabled :)

• Like 1