Timing belt and service superb 2

Hi guys having timing belt done in spetember as I bought the car with 43000 back in October as the car is coming up to 55000 and is going to be 7 year old. As I do not know if the belt was changed at the four year mark as there's no documentation. I was wondering if having the timing belt done in skoda do I get the two year warranty and does that cover the engine if the belt does go. I am also looking to have the service done as well and just wondering If it is worth having it done at skoda or a local garage thanks.

See here...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/403324-cambelt-waterpump-%C2%A3340-at-a-main-dealer/

Do your homework, a bit of ringing around and save some serious money.

If you are having the service done at the same time then I'd be looking for a discount on that too.

Either way depending on what it needs an oil and oil filter service can be had for £149...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/simply-fixed

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

Does anybody knows when the glowplugs needs to be changed on 170CR? Any recommended intervals?

From Tapatalk

No interval, unplug them and check the resistance is in spec. Replace as necessary

Modern diesels in this climate don't need them for starting but they do help with emissions post starting so you could have multiple glow plugs fail and not notice.

Edited by SuperbTWM

Modern diesels in this climate don't need them for starting...

Right. I have a delay of starting (glow plugs come in) sometimes even in May and June, not to mention about December - February.

About timing belt: just got it changed as requiered at 150 000 kms along with water pump and all the other stuff. Almost 1000 euros. Wouldn`t expect that.

Right. I have a delay of starting (glow plugs come in) sometimes even in May and June, not to mention about December - February.

'This climate' being in the UK

'This climate' being in the UK

I know. But you can feel the delay even in 10+ degrees Celsius, which is pretty average temperature.for UK. Using Kessy - maybe with ordinary ignition key you wouldn`t notice it.

I know. But you can feel the delay even in 10+ degrees Celsius, which is pretty average temperature.for UK. Using Kessy - maybe with ordinary ignition key you wouldn`t notice it.

I'm not sure about the CR engines so much as I havn't really tried but my trust PD 105 Golf would start straight away in sub zero temperatures without giving the glow plugs an instant to get warm.

I also had a Passsat 130PD that smoked after firing up and it turned out all bar 1 of the glow plugs were shot. A new set stopped it from smoking on start up due to helping burn the diesel post starting but it never improved how it fired up at all.

There does seem to be a delay before my superb (CR) will even turn over so they maybe have done that intentionally so you can't just fire it right up without waiting for the glow plugs

Anyway we are getting a bit off topic here

Edited by SuperbTWM