Car won't move in to 2nd or 4th properly

Hi All, 

Just had a new clutch and DMF fitted last week. All has been fine until I took it out this evening. When I went to select 2nd gear, it didn't feel normal. When you select the gears, you can normally feel it go into each gear. Now 2nd and 4th gear don't, it almost feels as though the stick won't go far enough, but with a bit of teasing it will engage the gear, albeit the stick doesn't feel in the right place. 1st 3rd 5th and reverse (so all gears where the stick is pushed forwards) feel normal and goes into gear without issue. I've done about 150 miles since the clutch/DMF change and it's just suddenly started this. 

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Edited by John757

First step is to check the gear linkages.

Here you go:-

Check your gearbox type first but I would be surprised if it was any different to those quoted.

Simple job to do but be careful not to break the lock peg on the gearbox by forgetting to release it at the end of the job.