starting issue. help please.

It also strangely says no aircon.

Jeez, nowt's ever easy with cars.

Edited by TMB

I'd have a go at changing it in ECP's car park, with a multimeter to hand to test the output once it's on.  At least then you don't have far to go to return it if it doesn't fit or doesn't work. :)

Na I have no air con. Where can I find my engine code

Well it brought your engine code up on that parts search but if you want to check you can find it on a sticker in the front of your service book and on a similar sticker under the boot carpet.

For example my engine code is AQW..

353677.png

002.jpg

Edited by TMB

Thanks boot carpet sticker says AQW

Haha, totally different to the parts search then. So at least we know what engine you have now. My car has the same engine and no A/C and my alternator is a Magneton 047903017 (70 Amp).

Edited by TMB

Haha, totally different to the parts search then. So at least we know what engine you have now. My car has the same engine and no A/C and my alternator is a Magneton 047903017 (70 Amp).

The parts search only says AME because that's the one he clicked on. All options are available for that reg. You have to select one for your spec.

• Like 1

@ TMB: Your 8GM option code suggests your alt was 70A from factory?

8GD would indicate a 90A one I believe.

Confirmed by your later posts.

Edited by Wino

The parts search only says AME because that's the one he clicked on. All options are available for that reg. You have to select one for your spec.

Ah I see. Cheers mate.

@ TMB: Your 8GM option code suggests your alt was 70A from factory?

8GD would indicate a 90A one I believe.

Confirmed by your later posts.

Sorry missed this. Yes 70A from factory :)

Never got round to doing anything on it the weekend as was fitting a kitchen for a friend. Found this on ebay and was wondering if it is the right 1 as its half the price than ECP was wondering if the fabia combi(6y5) is the estate, I have messaged them but got a auto-reply saying they would respond in 1-2days. Although last night I did remove the old alternator from then car.

post-146281-0-34905900-1469535214_thumb.png

Edited by ty1986