Irritating 'buzzy' type rattle

Falmouthboy

Ok - I had this occasionally on my previous Yeti and have it now on the new one. I would describe the noise as more of a 'buzz' than a rattle that only manifests itself when driving on roads with a coarser Tarmac surface.

It seems to come from the left hand side rear seat area, but I appreciate the way sound behaves that could be deceptive. It's not particularly loud, but is loud enough to be noticeable and mildly irritating if like me you notice these things (unlike my Mrs who is totally oblivious).

I suspect others will have had this noise and managed to track it down - any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you got a storage box under the passenger seat? If yes then check it's closed and that anything inside is not loose. I tend to put a micro fibre cloth inside and this islolates the contents. Have you got a glasses case in the front as I often get a buzz from that if I've not correctly stowed my sun glasses?

• Like 1

Could it be the bungee-type cord on the inside of the passenger door, useful for holding pamphlets and the like in place?

That had occurred to me but I had discounted it - will see if putting something in it stops it.

Have you got a storage box under the passenger seat? If yes then check it's closed and that anything inside is not loose. I tend to put a micro fibre cloth inside and this islolates the contents. Have you got a glasses case in the front as I often get a buzz from that if I've not correctly stowed my sun glasses?

Discounted both of these - thanks.

I get the same buzz on some rougher road surfaces and I think it might be the back seats themselves. Remember the seat backs are not on a latch like an ordinary hatchback - I think the seat backs are vibrating over rougher surfaces. When I fold down the seats the buzz disappears. Hope this helps. Like you I find the buzz quite annoying!

I had the thing noise the other day looked everywhere for it, found it was my car 'iphone' lead which I keep in the center arm rest box.

It sounded if it was coming from the near side rear door.

Edited by CHILLEY

Had this issue few days ago. Try rearrange the foam boxes around the spare wheel, noise may come from there.

No spare wheel for us but will take a look there anyway.

I had the thing noise the other day looked everywhere for it, found it was my car 'iphone' lead which I keep in the center arm rest box.

It sounded if it was coming from the near side rear door.

Yes it's funny how the sound seems to emanate from somewhere else. On a couple of occasions I thought I had a vibration type rattle from the dashboard and found once it was my mobile phone in the centre console and on another something I'd put in the passenger footwell.

Could have sworn it was the dash.

• Like 1