For Those Running Forge FMIC Set Ups

Do any of you run the Forge FMIC set up any still have either the EGR or ASV connected? 

My Fabia came with the intercooler fitted but looking under the bonnet most of the visible pipework is silicon elbows and plastic pipes. Is there a hard pipe kit available or does anyone know all the pipes needed to use hard pipes with the Forge intercooler?

Just check the cooler is not rubbing on your air con rad,they have been known to rub right through both the coolers :(

It's due to the crap design of the mounting brackets,the cooler is just hanging off those two top mounts so the bottom of the cooler moves a lot.

• Like 1

If you fit the boost pipes at a slight angle so it's pushing away it's fine. Had one fitted for around 2 years and never touched a thing.

Also worth putting some washers behind the brackets to bring it out slightly.

• Like 2

Mines still running the EGR and the ASV with the forge cooler

Did you use the standard top pipe to connect the ASV to the rest of the pipework? If not, could you possibly take a picture?

I have an EGR and ASV delete just now but want to re-fit the ASV but not sure how to attach the pipework to it, as it has a weird edge where the original clip would go onto it.

Did you use the standard top pipe to connect the ASV to the rest of the pipework? If not, could you possibly take a picture?

I have an EGR and ASV delete just now but want to re-fit the ASV but not sure how to attach the pipework to it, as it has a weird edge where the original clip would go onto it.

Yeah I'm still running the OE plastic top pipe and fixings

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah I'm still running the OE plastic top pipe and fixings

Just to come back to this, how much PSI / bar were you running through it with the OE plastic top pipe?

I always assumed it would pop off under high boost.