Upgrade questions for fellow FL Octavia VRs owners

Ok - first thing

I had led number plate bulbs in my 57 plate and have fitted same bulbs to my 62 plate FL Octy VRs

I have searched the forum (possibly not correctly) and see on the Mk3 section that the bulbs can be coded via VCDS and that some of the Mk3 lads are changing out the bulbs for OE variants instead. Do they for the Mk2 FL?

Should I just keep my leds and code them via VCDS?

I also want to add auto lights / wipers and fold in mirrors as my spec is not as I had wished but I found a mint really low mileage VRs but needs spec'd up a wee bit

I've asked Eddie NL for some guidance as he's a tech God but if anyone has any help in mean time I'd appreciate the feedback

Cheers in advance lads

For the LED number plate lighting, there isn't an OEM part but these are a good fit and bright: http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-II/Octavia-II-09-12-facelift-MEGA-POWER-LED-licence-plate-light-system-KI-R You can get them cheaper from aliexpress: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-Canbus-18LED-License-plate-light-number-plate-lamp-Car-Light-Bulbs-for-Skoda-Octavia-II/32701302053.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_8,searchweb201602_2_10057_10056_10055_10037_10049_10059_10032_10058_10017_405_404_10040_10060,searchweb201603_8&btsid=52c0f5c2-dd26-4ca4-ad3f-9b16f7e46c38 Depending on the BCM in your '62 plate, they might just need coding so the resistors aren't needed.

For auto lights/wipers, you will need a RLS (rain light sensor). This attaches on the front windscreen where the rear view mirror mounts. If you haven't got one currently, then you'll ideally need a new windscreen with the correct mount and a new rear view mirror. You'll also need a new light switch with an auto position and some wiring/coding to finish the job off.

For power folding mirrors, it will depend on the door controllers you have fitted. If you have the correct version you'll need two new mirrors with motors and a new mirror switch. If you haven't got the right door controllers, you'll also need to replace both front door controllers.

Might be worth adding an autoscan from VCDS to double check what you currently have.

• 1 month later...