Car brokers - dealer sources

CanaryAndy

Currently in the market for a new Yeti (Outdoor SE L 4x4 dsg). Checked Carwow (not great pricing tbh), brokers coming in 18-24% under depending if you want a car pre registered or not. And coast2coast who beat everyone but you have to take their finance (although you can cancel in 14days?).

During my search been trying to unearth who the company is in 'the midlands' who supplies these heavily discounted cars - had a call today via Skodashop and Rainworth in Mansfield offering a very good deal, to the point I'm thinking it must be them.

Anyone else had similar experience? Ideally wanting to go direct to source, but problem still remains I'm not buying in bulk!

I bought our Superb through a broker last year.

But since then - possibly due to people openly discussing broker names, discounts/prices obtained, supplying dealers etc on here - Skoda tracked down and cancelled a load of Superb orders (they were being ordered via fleet dealers, but for retail customers, and undercutting retail dealers).

All I can say is think about what you discuss openly...PM me if you want more info on our experience

Edited by muddyboots

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this will be of interest but it works for me.

Took delivery of my Yeti earlier this month (order was signed way back in week 18) having persuaded the local dealer to at least match my best offer which they did (see further). It may be slightly long winded but the system I have used for many years is to compile a listing of the exact specification I require and then email it to as many dealers as I would be prepared to travel to (distance wise) for "the right price" and wait for the offers to come in. Even though I always have a car to potentially part exchange I always tell them it will be a cash deal with no part exchange and wait for the offers to come rolling in. At the same time I contact all the well known brokers, specifically only wanting to deal with those where all monies are paid direct to the supplying dealer and then wait for their offers to come rolling in also. Once I'd got all the quotes in from dealers and brokers I took the details of my best three offers (two of which were identical) to my local dealer who agreed to match the best (surprisingly without me even having to give details of the names of the "quotees")………… interestingly they also offered to buy my "potential part exchange vehicle" if I still had it when the Yeti arrived, at a figure I would have accepted, but I managed to sell it back to the dealer that I bought it from (a few days before the Yeti was ready for collection)  for a slightly better price (luck was with me that day!).

• Like 1