Rear window heating elements

Hi.

I noticed today while cleaning the rear window on the inside that the heating element visible on the rear window is not contiguous. I would have assumed that all parts of the element should be connected together in order to complete the electrical circuit. I can see a number of small sections of the element ( varying between 20-40mm ) that are not connected to any other part of the element. They are not at the edges so it's not that they are connected where they can't be seen due to trim.

Anyone else noticed this? Can't say that I've seen it effecting heater performance as there have not been any reasons to use it yet but just curious to know if others have any experience of this?

Some of the elements are heating some are antennas.

The shark fin is the main aerial but you have a diversity aerial in the glass also and the unit picks which one has the best strength.

Years ago this would have been called magic, now it's just technology and at the rate it's increasing it's leaving me behind :0(

I didn't know this either, but this does mean that my 1989 rear engine Rapid saw the future with its aerial in the shape of a sunshine set onto the sunroof as a ceramic printed pattern :)

Some of the elements are heating some are antennas.

The shark fin is the main aerial but you have a diversity aerial in the glass also and the unit picks which one has the best strength.

Shark Fin is only for GPS

maybe GSM too, doubting cause LTE(4G) antennas installed in rear bumper