Catalytic converter on 2,0 TDi

Hi,

I`ve been away a while and have now got another Superb.

Has any one fitted a non genuine Cat? The flexible connection has started

leaking on mine and exhaust fumes are coming in through the heater intake.

genuine cat prices are too dear.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

As Alfred had no response a year ago I suspect that this problem may not be widespread but we detected a slight raspy note to the exhaust when at 60-70 and started to put the engine under load.  A check under the car has revealed some sooty marks around the flexible joint but despite catching it early, there seems to be no alternative but to source a replacement cat.  I too have the dreaded 2.0 L 140 BHP engine (in an 11 yr old car that is otherwise a keeper - despite a broken front coil spring 3 months ago!)

Any suggestions?  We see no reason to part company just yet, the cost of repairs will still be less than the depreciation on a newer model......

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Hi there I have seen some aftermarket CATS on EBAY (P/N 3B0254250AX))  ranging in price from £170 to £400.... This is the same CAT unit onthe Passat B5 BGW engines. and also there is a replacement flex piece  that can be attached to an existing CAT (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Catalytic-Converter-Flexi-Pipe-VW-Passat-BGW-2-0-TDI-3b0254250ax-Gasket-RS/321767530632?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649