Wheel refurb colour

I appreciate this may have already been discussed but I am new on here...

I have an 2010 Octavia vRS in blue. I'm having my wheels re powder coated and considering sticking with the standard silver, or being daring and going for black chrome.

Has anyone had the black chrome done? Would appreciate any pics of how it looks with the blue.

Thank you!

Edited by sa11y

Thanks for your input. Luckily I have a reputable powder coating place very near me (I'm up North).

If you can post your pics I'd be interested to see the finished effect ☺️

Black doesn't suit cars imho you lose the wheel in the arch and it all blends together with the tyres.

Go for gunmetal or anthracite.

Black chrome looks great when clean though

I totally agree tubbytommy as I've yet to see a black wheel that I've liked .... Unless highlighted in another colour .... They just a you say seem to dissapear and blend in with the tyre and you can't make out the pattern or anything

Black doesn't suit cars imho you lose the wheel in the arch and it all blends together with the tyres.

Go for gunmetal or anthracite.

Black chrome looks great when clean though

+1

Not a fan of black wheels either. Something in between silver and black such as mentioned above looks good.

Not a fan of dark alloys. When the wheels are darker than the tyres it looks wrong.

I quite like the black chrome, but only when you know it is black chrome. To everyone else it just looks like brake dust.

I went OEM silver on my pre-FL vRS, I like shiny!

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/237799-vrs-zenith-alloys-oem-paint-code/

• Like 1

I agree...too dark on a darker car and the wheels are lost. The black chrome at my local powder coat place is fairly light. However, I had never considered this as a "brake dust" look! Thanks for bringing this up, as its a bit worrying!

Not a fan of dark alloys. When the wheels are darker than the tyres it looks wrong.

I quite like the black chrome, but only when you know it is black chrome. To everyone else it just looks like brake dust.

I went OEM silver on my pre-FL vRS, I like shiny!

IMG_2763.jpg

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/237799-vrs-zenith-alloys-oem-paint-code/

Nice finish there.  Where did you get those done?