Window stuck / won't wind up

Hello,

The problem

I have a problem with one of the windows on my car - it currently refuses to roll up! It seems like it's triggering the "arm / leg / head / other appendage in the way" sensor, and stops while rolling up, before rolling back down a few cm. This happens whether I try pulling the switch all the way up for auto closing, or holding on the first "notch".

What I have tried

The car is kept clean, and I've run a sponge around the slot that the glass would sit in when in the "up" position, and didn't get any real dirt out. I've also checked, and there are no obvious other obstructions. If I trigger the rain close function by locking the car and pouring water over the rain sensor, the window tries a few times to wind up but stops (at different points each time, so definitely not a static obstruction.)

I have also run a scan with a fully-registered VCDS and found no fault.

Next?

Any suggestions? It feels like there's just too much resistance, but I don't know why, or where to try lubricating (?) or with what. If the suggestion is to take the door apart, are there any photo guides to help me? It's a FL Octavia 2.

Thanks,

T

I have had similar problem on my A4 before.

I think it was a piece of rubber seal that had gotten folded backwards and trapped the window, so it can happen at different heights (depends at what point the rubber sticks and folds over). It was only a little corner of the seal.

You can manually pull the window up with your hand whilst operating the close button at the same time.

Clean and lubricate your seals then, and you should be ok, if this is the cause.

I get a lot of tree sap on mine.