Superb II 1.8 TSi (150) - Anyone have this engine? Opinions?

Great to know @g_tee

Okay - bit confused..

The car I have bought is listed on the Skoda website as a 150bhp model... however - on most insurance sites and some other numberplate search sites (like tuning and chipping sites) it shows up as 160bhp... is there an easy way to know?

Many thanks all!

G.

Great to know @g_tee

Okay - bit confused..

The car I have bought is listed on the Skoda website as a 150bhp model... however - on most insurance sites and some other numberplate search sites (like tuning and chipping sites) it shows up as 160bhp... is there an easy way to know?

Many thanks all!

G.

The original Superb II 1.8TSi was 160bhp; this was revised sometime around 2011-12 to 152bhp but with the same 0-60 time and (slightly) improved economy.

• Like 1

Cheers @noddy90 :) Mine is a 62 plate... so I would imagine the 152 model.

Thanks again all, only about 36 hrs before I pick up my car! (sorry - silly excited!  :blush:)

G.

I've just given back a 10 plate today that was using 3.81l / 1000miles.... new rings and pistons is the only fix.

The dealer wouldn't fix mine (just over 70k miles) and so it went back to them. Bunch of ***** at the dealer really but that's another story!

Can you tell more? What you going to do next? I'm in similar situation, skoda dealer trying to convince me its more less ok(?!) where can I get proper engine or proper engine fix?!

Edited by a-1

Can you tell more? What you going to do next? I'm in similar situation, skoda dealer trying to convince me its more less ok(?!) where can I get proper engine or proper engine fix?!

It's not mine anymore, it's back with the selling dealer an I got a refund.

There is a company in Erith Kent that can do the work for around £2600. JKM quoted £4000 for the work.

It's not mine anymore, it's back with the selling dealer an I got a refund.

There is a company in Erith Kent that can do the work for around £2600. JKM quoted £4000 for the work.

Lucky You, I've missed 6 months period (its important to know trading standards and your rights), now only court or repair left. I've located local garage for total rebuilt, they said done a lot of 2.0, and not much 1.8 engines. price ca 1800£, + engine delivery needed (this cost ca 300£). New engine -VW - 3600£. quoted by Dolby garage.

Sorry to hear that a-1 

It seems that the 1.8 wasn't as prevelant with the issue compared to the 2.0l version. 

Hope you manage to get it sorted and make sure you log everything. I recorded all mine in a spreadsheet as it came handy when I was talking to trading standards