Octavia to Yeti

decuk

Did to medical reasons I won't go to.My driving days at62 are over, at least for a year, could permanently Currently I have a Octavia Vrs Tsi dsg estate.So as you can imagine I like cars. This has to go. My wife will be the driver????????,so it's her choice to go for a Yeti, and get rid of her run about.I am perfectly happy with this as the Yeti is something I'd looked at for maybe the car after my next.I need enough boot space for my large radio control model boats (that's another story).

Question is what's best engine for the Yeti. She wants a bit of overtaking power(having once had a 2.8 Z3 she misses that in her current car). I suggested the L&k 1.4, but the brown seats put her off. So could be the diesel. Is the 1.2 any good in real world overtaking on say B roads.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe on here more often soon if I defect from the Octavia????????

• Like 1

Have you looked at the seats rather than in a brochure? I ask the question because I did not like the 'brown' look until I went to the dealers and looked and sat in the seats. In particular with certain body colours they match really well. For overtaking grunt I'd go for the 150TDi and match it with the DSG. Hope it works out for you both.

Edited by ernieb

The brown seats definitely didn't put me off in the least. They look far better 'in the flesh' than in the brochure and I like them just as much as the black ones in my previous Yeti. 

Another + for the "Brown" seats, I used to really dislike them but the last one I saw in the showroom looked stunning and I could easily live with it.

I have a 2.0 TDI, 150PS 4x4 DSG and it has certainly got grunt for overtaking.It has a sports mode but I never need it. I chose the black seats as didn't really take to the brown ones.

I had an astra 2.0 TDI auto before this and much prefer the yeti.

Edited by Coaster390

Have you had a look at the new Seat Ateca? There is a 1.4 litre manual version and you will be getting the latest technology and safety systems. It also has a bigger boot which should be better for your model boats than the small Yeti boot.

It is due in Seat showrooms in September but you can see it on the Seat website. Motoring reviews have been universally excellent describing it as one of the best smaller SUV crossovers available. See online reviews in AutoExpress, WhatCar etc. 

Not sure how long your model boat is, but you can specify a fold flat front passenger seat option. If you don't mind travelling behind the driver when boat aboard, luggage space should be ok.

Agree brown seats look good in real life, but look horrible in the brochure

Not sure how long your model boat is, but you can specify a fold flat front passenger seat option. If you don't mind travelling behind the driver when boat aboard, luggage space should be ok.Agree brown seats look good in real life, but look horrible in the brochure

Not seen the fold flat front seat but I'm guessing there will be step up from the boot area which you don't want for carrying a model boat.

I've not long bought a 46" RC boat and take one of the rear seats out to get that in.

What size boats have you got decuk?

Edited by VAGCF

I have 2x marblehead classe m yachts, i have a sparewheel option fitted i normally fold the centre and one side down giving them an xtra push to level them out with the boot floor level, not perfect, but the hulls are in transport boxes lying in a fore/aft orientation, if carrying more i have a platform which sits in the space when the seats(centre and one side removed, gives me a place for my ali tx case under this false floor -- works for me!

The box will also rest side to side across the rear seats!

Classe m are about 1.30m in length, the boxes are just a litttle longer!

Edited by Frenchtone
  • Like 1

Looks like a Yeti is on. Just engine size now. Wife had test drive of 1.2 dsg. 1st auto ever. Liked it. Testing a 1.4 L&k manual next week. Suggested that diesel not cost effective due to our annual mileage.

Yep boats fit.

• Like 1

The 1.4 has noticeable more grunt than the old 1.2 (an extra 40 odd psi) but the 1.2 is no slouch and now has a little more power than the one I had so the difference may not be that apparent.

​Enjoy your choice dilemma!  

I have 2x marblehead classe m yachts, i have a sparewheel option fitted i normally fold the centre and one side down giving them an xtra push to level them out with the boot floor level, not perfect, but the hulls are in transport boxes lying in a fore/aft orientation, if carrying more i have a platform which sits in the space when the seats(centre and one side removed, gives me a place for my ali tx case under this false floor -- works for me!

The box will also rest side to side across the rear seats!

Classe m are about 1.30m in length, the boxes are just a litttle longer!

Yes, having the spare wheel would give you a better, more level load area. Hadn't thought of that.

I don't have a spare, but have planned to get one. Certainly will now if it makes carrying the boats easier!

I have a 2.0 TDI, 150PS 4x4 DSG and it has certainly got grunt for overtaking.It has a sports mode but I never need it. I chose the black seats as didn't really take to the brown ones.

I had an astra 2.0 TDI auto before this and much prefer the yeti.

Coaster390, you say you choose the black seats - assume wasn't the L&K model as brown only listed? Some cracking deals on the L&K on personal lease just now which are cheaper on the monthlies than the SE L for example so thought just live with the brown seats. Having said that viewed a jungle green L&K today and think this combo with the brown seats actually looks pretty good.

Previous preference was going to be quartz grey in SE L trim - whats the general consensus on best colour for the L&K?

My new L&K is due soon is Jungle Green, again a much better colour in the metal than in the brochure, photos or video.  My wife's view was that this colour was a complete NO NO until she saw it at the dealers in combination with the brown seats.

A couple of pics of my Yeti, with fold-flat front seat and spare wheel kit. It is sort of flat right through. I stress - sort of.

From the shiny trim on the passenger-side dash to the inside of the plastic trim on the floor around the tailgate opening is almost exactly 2.4m, front-to-back.

post-123086-0-68364600-1471882921_thumb.jpg

post-123086-0-37842600-1471882933_thumb.jpg

Edited by Citigopher

2,4 mtrs just about the right size for a trip to Wicks!

It's almost an 8ft length of 4x2  ;)

I've carried 8' 9" lengths of gutter and downpipe home in mine with the door shut.

• Like 1

A couple of pics of my Yeti, with fold-flat front seat and spare wheel kit. It is sort of flat right through. I stress - sort of.

From the shiny trim on the passenger-side dash to the inside of the plastic trim on the floor around the tailgate opening is almost exactly 2.4m, front-to-back.

Useful load carrying length that.

I've been making full use of the load carrying capacity of the Yeti over the last couple of weekends with the rear seats out and the trailer attached, moving my son out of his flat.

I really want/need to remove the rear seats to do it though. It does get quicker and easier to do the more times you do it (like most things) but it's still a pain and not helped by them gracing the dining room at the moment! 

Given the choice of one or the other I usually opt for the trailer.

Hello Yeti people ????

That it deal done. Yeti 1.2 SEL Dsg. Muscovado metallic. Lots of toys on. Estimated delivery St at this point November. Vrs gets collected tomorrow probably as I am not allowed to drive it, and other half won't, plus not on insurance.

So will be moving to Yeti forum now.

• Like 3