Model year 2017 L&K

Fishyhooky

I was told nothing really, maybe the gear knob? Only real differences are the limitations on engine options etc. I guess the new build will be the end of life model due I'm told the early half of next year?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a November 2015 model and as far as I can tell I got a worse rear view mirror vs Pre-October 2015 models and that's about it, no other changes and I don't think any have been made since, including for 2017 models.

If you were to get the 150tdi DSG then you probably won't notice any performance differences from the one you have (anecdotally mine feels less powerful and consumes more fuel and adBlue than a friend's Yeti L&K made a few months earlier - pre-scandal vs post-scandal builds, tin foil hat firmly in place!).

The published figures for an L&K 2013 140/2106 150 both DSG are

Top speed: 116 / 119

0-62mph: 10.2 / 9.2

Power: 140@4200 / 150@3500

Max Torque: 320@1750-2500 / 340@1750-3000

Urban: 37.2 / 44.8

Ex Urban: 48.7 / 56.5

Combined: 43.5 / 51.4

Emissions: 155 / 144

I currently have the 2013 version and brim to brim have got 43.6 over 41k. I pick the 2016 version Thursday, it will be interesting to see how it feels and compares with your observations once I've done a few miles and got the car bedded in. Real life is so often very different to the spaces on cars, fiddled numbers against our own subjective feel, driving style etc.

The published figures for an L&K 2013 140/2106 150 both DSG are

Top speed: 116 / 119

0-62mph: 10.2 / 9.2

Power: 140@4200 / 150@3500

Max Torque: 320@1750-2500 / 340@1750-3000

Urban: 37.2 / 44.8

Ex Urban: 48.7 / 56.5

Combined: 43.5 / 51.4

Emissions: 155 / 144

I currently have the 2013 version and brim to brim have got 43.6 over 41k. I pick the 2016 version Thursday, it will be interesting to see how it feels and compares with your observations once I've done a few miles and got the car bedded in. Real life is so often very different to the spaces on cars, fiddled numbers against our own subjective feel, driving style etc.

Very true, I test drove a 170 before buying my 150 and it felt very different, much stronger. My friend's 150 does too though - I've averaged about 42mpg over 7k and much of that was driving "economically" on purpose, even slipstreaming lorries on the dual-carriageway commute! My friend is averaging 43mpg and she hammers it everywhere - gets up to 50mpg going 80mph on a trip I do every day where I get around 42mpg doing 70mph (on much longer trips this will edge up to 50mpg).

We've driven each other's cars (both DSG 150's, exactly the same spec) and both feel hers is more powerful. My adblue light came on at 4017 miles, hers at around 5500 (I've no way of knowing if both were full to start with of course). The only technical difference between the cars is that hers was built in August 2015 and mine in November, about 2 months after all this emission stuff came out. I am suspicious that things have been altered in the software because of it but that's just based on how the cars feel, I could well just have a "duffer". :) The new rear view mirror is crappy though - doesn't fit the view out of the rear, too wide and shallow vertically.

Edited by Jimrod

Just had a quick look on the Skoda configurator and it appears my colour, Muscovado, is no longer an option. At least on the L&K.

The other thing which has been removed from the configurator is the option to have a different colured roof to the bodywork.     e.g. White with a black roof.

We've driven each other's cars (both DSG 150's, exactly the same spec) and both feel hers is more powerful. My adblue light came on at 4017 miles, hers at around 5500 (I've no way of knowing if both were full to start with of course). The only technical difference between the cars is that hers was built in August 2015 and mine in November, about 2 months after all this emission stuff came out. I am suspicious that things have been altered in the software because of it but that's just based on how the cars feel, I could well just have a "duffer". :) The new rear view mirror is crappy though - doesn't fit the view out of the rear, too wide and shallow vertically.

We've got a late 2015-build Superb with the 150 engine, I find it very laggy at low revs (say 1200-1600ish?) requiring large amounts of accelerator pedal travel before it will pick up. I can't believe it was intended to be this way, and am also of the suspicion some hasty software changes were made in light of the emissions issue, maybe increased EGR operation.

I think it's probably more to do with it being a Euro 6 engine rather than being a software change.

Their minds would, I think, be more occupied with sorting the Euro 5 engines!

My 110 diesel doesn't have a lot of go at lower revs, that's just the way they are now. I've had VWG diesels over many years and it is noticeable how the low speed grunt has reduced over that time, due mainly to the increasingly stringent regulations. Quoted power and torque may say one thing but real world driving says another.

We've got a late 2015-build Superb with the 150 engine, I find it very laggy at low revs (say 1200-1600ish?) requiring large amounts of accelerator pedal travel before it will pick up. I can't believe it was intended to be this way, and am also of the suspicion some hasty software changes were made in light of the emissions issue, maybe increased EGR operation.

I suspect you're right; probably to do with combustion temperature spikes causing NOx emission problems.

Seeing the test cycle involves very gentle acceleration it's probably a pointer to the cleaner trend for on road test standards coming.

I own a 2016 yeti 1.2 tsi dsg SE L , and experience a slow throttle response when in D an S modes. But I read on the mk7 golf owners website ( just sold my golf 1.4 tsi dsg) that when in D an give accelerator around 50% throttle it is actually getting 30%, an in S mode 50% gives you 70%. The VW mechanic also said best way to get full power is in manual mode as 50% throttle gives you 50%.

Hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is anything new/different on the model year 2017 L&K Yeti?

Got my new MY17 Yeti on the 5th of this month and the sales guy tells me that the changes are (i) different style of gear lever knob, (ii) different number plate light and (iii) belt loops added to the seat belts. The other major change was a deletion of the option to purchase a 3 year service plan, leaving only an option of a 2 year plan.