Bird poop marks and weird marks on roof. Can I get them out?

theo_k

Hi guys, i recently bought an ebay DA, meguiars ultimate compound and 205. Also a micro fibre meguairs cutting pad.

I tried to get rid of some poop marks along with some weird looking scratches, but wasnt really succesfull. I did wet sand it with 2500 and 2000 as well but I am worried I am going too deep in the color.having said that, I dont know what qualifies for too deep.

Has anyone tried to wetsand with 1500grit and got away with it without hetting to the paint?

Also, can someone have a look at the picture and let me know if they have seen that before and if they managed to take it off?

awesome... even more money to spend.  I think the politically correct term is "clear coat failure".  For the record the roof was never repainted.  Anyone know the cost of repainting the roof? Ballpark figure? 

People on Meguiars also thought the same and Larry from AMMO NYC said so too.  I think I will go for the cheap option and just wrap it.  Anyone against it or any disadvantages you might know of?

Yes mate, unfortunately a respray is the answer. I cleaned a car, and had bird excrement on the roof!!! The dad said it had been there for 4 years!!!!

Not a chance getting the stain out..... Tried for over 8 hours, 2 days, of all lotions and polish

Andy

nah, black has always been my color, car is totaly blacked out so it stays like that.

Embarrassed to say that the bird poop mark has been sitting on mine for nearly 8 years... when it happened I thought that was it and did not bother about it until now.  Now I found out it can come out, a little too late