PCH, required documents?

Moggo

Hi all,

For those who have cars on a PCH deal what ID do you need to complete the finance deal when collecting the car?

I have had finance approved via a form I filled out but not sure what's required when completing and collecting the car?

Many thanks all.

PS Picking up a Business Grey 1.2 SE DSG Outdoor Yeti on 1st September :)

Technically you need to prove your identity to get the finance agreed, not to pick up the car.

Sensible to take the photo driving license (or passport) and any bank or credit card that you paid deposit on. If you haven't already checked paperwork for finance take something showing your bank sort code and account number so you can validate the direct debit details.

It can only be taxed if insured, but there is a complementary insurance for a few days. Can get this done few days early, speak to dealer couple of days before. You can probably transfer your insurance to new car as you know time and date so ring your insurance co few days before.

Obviously take full documents for anything being part exchanged, V5, service books, all keys etc

If you live nearby and have a second car, consider dropping off any part exchange day or two before as you will be able to claim a whole extra months car tax back.

Thanks for the replies :)

I actually don't have any photo ID as my driving license is the paper type and passport was lost and not replaced as I've not needed one.

Hope this doesn't stop my PCH deal. Have contacted the dealer to find out.