*sold* Thule AeroBars with 2x cycle carriers MK2 Octavia hatch *sold*

Phil-E

Hi guys.

Since I've now sold the Octavia got these for sale.

Thule AeroBars and foot pack to fit MK2 Octavia hatch.

They're fitted with two cycle carriers suitable for most bikes. Very stable.

It is fitted with locks on all four corners (with loads of keys).

I believe they may fit others.

Thule 869 135cm AeroBars

Thule 754 foot pack

Thule 1594 fitting kit

Can also be fitted to the estate with a different fitting kit I believe.

Will fit other cars too perhaps with different fitting kit.

Thule are the manufacturers of the original skoda branded kit. The only difference being that the bars on this are slightly longer.

Collection only from York.

£80.

20160822_195439_zpslmdvqeki.jpg

20160822_195448_zpsdmaapuf9.jpg

20160822_195459_zpsni1spkpb.jpg

20160822_195509_zpsjrnyegpy.jpg

Edited by Phil-E

Hi,

I really would prefer not to post and would like to see if they sell without posting first then will look at posting as a last resort. It's just a bit of hassle dismantling them and wrapping them up etc.

And the only photo I can find of them on the car was from when I first got them and we went camping to Germany but it does show them and with 2 bikes on too.

FB_IMG_1472813768867_zps2s7zvxlr.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I personally found it easy to do. The best method is to crouch down in front of the bike and grab the front fork and the bottom of the middle frame, then lift as you stand up and you can just lift it straight onto the rack as you've got hold of it low down it's not a struggle. May need a little step to help lift them up though as I am tall so could easily reach. You could also move the racks further out to the sides of the roof bars to make reaching them easier.

Similar story with the rack itself. I can easily fit it on my own. Open all the doors, grab the rack and lift over the roof, then stand on the rear door sill to reach over and lower it into place. Then just tighten all for corners, lock it and away you go.

There are little tie straps for the front and rear wheel to secure them and then the bars you see sticking up clamp round the frame of the bike to support it. They are very sturdy and we forgot they were on the car most of the time. Even driving through mountainous roads etc they were rock solid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...