auto lights vcds coding

i wonder if anyone can help me i have fitted an auto light switch and sensor (not oem an ebay one)

now the lights work in auto fine, i didnt need to run an extra purple wire as it was already there and also i didnt need to vcds code anything in either.

can anyone tell me if i can enable ch/lh lights with this set up and if so what do i need to tick??

thanks

Probably because it is bypassing the cars auto light ability and just using it's own sensor.

Coding is only required if you want it to use the built in rain/light sensor.

Do you have a rain/light sensor behind your rear view mirror?

That's because those eBay switches are doing the auto-switching for you, and simulating turning the lights to the on position depending on the amount of light picked up by the sensor.

All the car knows is the light switch is in the ON position.

I've done exactly this i.e. eBay auto light switch and Chinese sensor, but whilst away this weekend I left the car in auto light setting and returned home to a flat battery??? I have noticed that when in auto setting and I lock the car the side lights and indicators Bink 5/6 times before going off, is this normal?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

hi guys.. I have octavia mkII 2005 with climatronic ( have i light sensor??) and i want auto lights.  So i coded US auto lights, but my dashboard is off , until.i switch the lights switcher. Can i enable dashboard light via VCDS???

Sorry for my english., but i need rly help.