Changing Daylight Driving Bulb.....Drivers Side....

When removing the small plastic grill to the right of the light cluster and below the number plate, is there a catch or clip holding it in 'not the actual light cluster', or does it just slide out, I don't want to force/damage it and have to buy a new one......

mick

• Like 1

I had an awful problem removing mine initially but used a butter knife which has a slim slightly flexible blade which I slid in at the top of the blanking cover then gave a good tug ( the cover not the knife )

I think with use the clips that hold the blanking cover loosen slightly making them easier to remove in the future.

A bit like these ones

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-5-Matching-Butter-Spreading-Knives-Faux-Bone-Square-Edge-Handles-/252507787218?hash=item3acaa30fd2:g:ApMAAOSwHoFXuabI

I had exactly the same problem a few months ago, replacing both sides with LED bulbs.

Those black plastic fill panels proved an absolute bugger to get out by hand. No way would they just pull out on my car.

The videos on youtube show them coming out with ease - errr no they don't squire.

I also tried a trick shown in another video where you can slide a credit card in the headlamp assembly to bumper gap to release its clip. Couldn't get that to work either :(

There is a tab at the top and one at the bottom.

When the wife was looking the other way I purloined a kitchen knife and wrapped in masking tape to protect paintwork. Wiggled in the bottom first to release that clip, then in the top.

I ended up slightly marking the plastic after the first one came out, and did a quick google to find out price for replacement(s) fearing that the second one would be worse.

Second one was extracted and after a bit of trimming with a craft knife I thought that they were presentable enough to go back in.

I'll second the point about replacing the lamp assembly back in the bumper. Do make sure they clip in properly :)

BTW did I mention I bent the knife? Don't tell or I'm in deep poo-poo.

Edited by Guest