Lost Locking Wheel Nut Key - Need Replacement.

I've done a search on here and followed some of the advise but not having much luck

2006 vRS
Standard Skoda locking wheel nuts.

Phoned my local Skoda dealer.
Apparently they have a set of master keys but they've lost a lot of the older ones. 
I can book my car in where they can check if it's got the master key available but the problem is i seem to  have to book it in, and it's about 1 and a half hours back home on the train.

Any other suggestions on anywhere else i can try and source a replacement?

When i phoned up the parts department to do this, they said i need to book it into the service centre so they can see if they have a master key to fit it and if so, then they can use the number from that key to order it.

The problem being it seems i need to leave the car with them to do this

I didn't leave my car, I telephoned Lookers, Stockport 0161 717 1223, quoted my VIN number and Reg Number then collected 48hrs later - Maybe they can post to you.

They want to book you in so they can charge you 1 hours technicians time - You don't need them to check.

DB.

I counted the splines and ordered what looks to be a replacement from someone that sells VW parts on ebay., so worth a try. If not i'll remove them the hard way and replace them with regular bolts.

I counted the splines and ordered what looks to be a replacement from someone that sells VW parts on ebay., so worth a try. If not i'll remove them the hard way and replace them with regular bolts.

I have a used set of locking bolts with key , you can have them for a tenner if you want them ?

That should work okay!

Edit:- maybe I'm a smug sh#t but one of the first things I do when I buy a car is record all these things that might cause me trouble if I don't know them later on! Okay, radio codes are now not needed, but maybe lock numbers are still handy as well.

Edited by rum4mo

The current type on the LHS never look/feel like they can carry 120NM too often, though I'm sure that they are more "secure" than the ones in the centre of that picture

If yours is like this one, you can find the code by the number of teeth, mine is code 52 wich has 7 teeths

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-VW-AUDI-REPLACEMENT-LOCKING-WHEEL-NUT-BOLT-KEY-CODE-52-/401018776259?hash=item5d5e94eac3:g:fRUAAOSw9mFWMPtc

The current type on the LHS never look/feel like they can carry 120NM too often, though I'm sure that they are more "secure" than the ones in the centre of that picture

None of them are safe, they are avalaible to everyone and there are only a few.

Once I had an Ibiza parked next to my Ibiza and they stolen the 4 tyres... I had luck that my tyres don't atract attention since they are only R15...

Edited by dm222

I've done as suggested and counted the splines. Mines is 15 spline so ordered a replacement via ebay for £10 and see how i get on.
Will post back with results but really helpful replies so far.

Thanks everyone.

The key arrived this morning and fits perfectly, so happy days!

Going to buy a spare now in case i lose it again somehow.

Thanks for all the advise everyone

Good result mate  :whew:

• Like 1