VRS squeaky clutch pedal

Hi

My VRS has done 95k miles. And for a while it's had a squeaky pedal. The last 20mm of travel makes it squeak. I've taken the under side of the dash off and hosed down the area with silicone spray but to no avail.

Also I noted that under the bonnet there was creaking sound when the clutch was getting pressed and released. Anyone else had the same issues? I am possibly thinking of getting the master/slave cylinders changed to cure the annoying as balls noise....?

There is no issue with the clutch engaging or dis engaging. Although sometimes I go have some difficulties getting into first and it grinds when sometimes I select neutral.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Supa B)

Hi

My VRS has done 95k miles. And for a while it's had a squeaky pedal. The last 20mm of travel makes it squeak. I've taken the under side of the dash off and hosed down the area with silicone spray but to no avail.

Also I noted that under the bonnet there was creaking sound when the clutch was getting pressed and released. Anyone else had the same issues? I am possibly thinking of getting the master/slave cylinders changed to cure the annoying as balls noise....?

There is no issue with the clutch engaging or dis engaging. Although sometimes I go have some difficulties getting into first and it grinds when sometimes I select neutral.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Supa B)

That's a new definition of "no issue" on me. ;) It suggests either a worn clutch, or a need to realign the gear linkage, or maybe both.

My clutch was creaking badly and the bite point was near the top of the pedal.

Replaced clutch and pipework for slave cylinder which failed as the car went in to the workshop.

Could be worth doing a clutch, or upgrading if your car isn't standard?

It has been remapped and running a drop in filter. Doesn't get launched hard or anything on a regular basis or at all. There is no sign of clutch slippage....The bite point is as it has always been, 'Normal'

Don't really need this cost as it's just noisy, but dammit it's ****ing me off! Cue the many replies about turning up the radio!

I'll swing by the independent after work and see what the cost might be.....Thanks guys.