best polybush rear engine mount octavia vrs

as above whats the best middle ground in terms of stiffness for the rear engine mount? been looking at these 

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Motorsport-Tools-UK/_i.html?_nkw=Powerflex+Bush+Poly+Skoda+Octavia+Mk2+1Z+Engine+Mount+Insert++2008&_trksid=p2045573.c0.m57

I had a red diesel dogbone bush in my old mk1 4x4 1.8t octavia and no vibrations,

i also had a purple one fitted to my old mk1 vrs and this gave vibrations on tickover never again,

so i would say red is the middle ground or yellow is standard softness .

I had a red diesel dogbone bush in my old mk1 4x4 1.8t octavia and no vibrations,

i also had a purple one fitted to my old mk1 vrs and this gave vibrations on tickover never again,

so i would say red is the middle ground or yellow is standard softness .[/quote

Yeah I ordered a yellow one just had it waiting on the torqe wrench atm anyone know the correct torqe for the bolt? Cheers in advance

Op is looking at mk2 bushes which are completely different to mk2.

I had black which is the hardest on my Bora ( same as a mk1) and the vibration on idle didn't bother me at all and makes for a snappy throttle response..

I fitted a yellow powerflex one last weekend and can't say I've honestly noticed much of a difference except less of a judder when coming off the throttle when driving hard.

There is slight vibration through the weel when reversing but that's about it.

• Like 1

I fitted a yellow powerflex one last weekend and can't say I've honestly noticed much of a difference except less of a judder when coming off the throttle when driving hard.

There is slight vibration through the weel when reversing but that's about it.

hmm its a yellow one im fitting to day, had a yellow one on my dog bone on my old lcr and did notice the difference but all cars are different and that was a different style of bush so im hoping i will see a change in this one  

found its 74ft.lbs converted into 100nm(hat ever the hell nm is) but done now so will update when i get some use out of it, no hassle less than 15min no mallet and pushed in very easy with loads of lube. photos to come 

I used the supplied lube and then silicone spray in the cavity and it pushed in no problem at all.

I too had a fully bushed dogbone on my LCR and it made a buffer difference than this but as you say it's a different set up plus this is only the rear bush.

I used the supplied lube and then silicone spray in the cavity and it pushed in no problem at all.

I too had a fully bushed dogbone on my LCR and it made a buffer difference than this but as you say it's a different set up plus this is only the rear bush.

Yeah deffo. Just took this for a spin and not a big differnce and no vibrations only in reverse but again nothing major. Short shifter next, did I hear some one mention it will fit out of an sline or tt something like that?

I take it the short shifter is easy enough to fit and set up? Might well by my next mod too.

from what iv looked up really easy might have to move the engine cover out the way and battery but that's nothing. Getting mine in the post in next week.

Awesome, I've not got an engine cover so that's one less step lol.

Cleaning my inlet valves, doing the HPFP cam follower and injector seals at he weekend so might leave it till the end of the month but seems like my kinda mod.

Cleaning my inlet valves, doing the HPFP cam follower and injector seals at he weekend so might leave it till the end of the month but seems like my kinda mod.[/quote

Yeah man do it in one wack. Think you only had to remove the engine cover to move the air inlet out the way? Be nice to take away some of that throw that's on the vrs atm. Good look man I'm I'll be doing it aswell

Edited by Deano386

Cleaning my inlet valves, doing the HPFP cam follower and injector seals at he weekend so might leave it till the end of the month but seems like my kinda mod.[/quote

Yeah man do it in one wack. Think you only had to remove the engine cover to move the air inlet out the way? Be nice to take away some of that throw that's on the vrs atm. Good look man I'm I'll be doing it aswell

Good luck doing all that in one weekend!  Took me three days straight on my TSI.

Oh yeah, I've got a thermostat to do at the same time lol. Just trying to get it all done when the manifold is off as it should be easier to get into other things.

Well that's the plan and hoping it won't take as long as 3 days but I know it's a big job.