2014 TDI 105 - Service question

Hello everyone

I am hoping you might be able to help me with what is probably a very straight forward question for many of you.

I have had my 2014 Fabia TDI SE 105bhp since last 14k when it had just had it's first service (minor).  It is on the variable servicing schedule and at just over 30k it has told me it needs the major service (1 with a spanner).  I understand this is the one with an oil change, filter change and various other things i.e. a major service. 

So my question is, do i take it to Skoda who seem to charge £279 fixed price or shall i take it to an independent who will likely charge a lot less?  I guess the chain places like Kwikfit are crap but i am open to your suggestions.  I don't think I have the necessary skills to do it myself but do let me know if it is quite simple?

So basically where would you take your car in my situation?

I am not interested in resell value as i am sure I'll own this car for years to come.  I just care about value for money i.e. the best service for the money i pay. 

Thanks so much in advance.