No spare wheel/ goo?

Dear all,

Picked up my Superb 1.8 TSI 150 SE Plus this afternoon - pretty delighted with it - however, it hasn't come with a spare wheel or even a can of goo? Should I be kicking up a fuss (personally; I think I should.. but good to get an opinion of the masses!).

Cheers all,

G

Dear all,

Picked up my Superb 1.8 TSI 150 SE Plus this afternoon - pretty delighted with it - however, it hasn't come with a spare wheel or even a can of goo? Should I be kicking up a fuss (personally; I think I should.. but good to get an opinion of the masses!).

Cheers all,

G

Yes, get kicking!!

If it was from a Skoda dealer, they should have checked that it had one or the other. Get a rim and tyre and get the dealer to get you the jack kit.

If it was from a Skoda dealer, they should have checked that it had one or the other. Get a rim and tyre and get the dealer to get you the jack kit.

Yep - Skoda main dealer. Drafting an email now!

Feeling a little miffed as I left the spare and the kit in my part ex....

Ugh.

Enjoy the car,

and let the Dealership arrange delivery of the parts, or cover the cost of going to collect them.

No need for a fuss.

Just the question asked, did the workshop doing the pre sales checks overlook the fact there was neither,

and was there anything else they missed.

Is the servicing and service recall actions up to date, full health check and other checks done?

Check the tyre pressures and reset the TPMS and see if they bothered, and check the fluid levels as the car was handed over.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

Too be honest if you do get the Goo from Skoda I would invest in a spare wheel kit, Goo is only good for punctures caused by nails or screws etc, any bigger damage and it's a call to your breakdown ecovery company, if you have it, know many people who have got stuck on the side of the motorway when the can of Goo emptied itself out the damage on the tyre! Plus you won't be very welcome at tyre fitters as Goo makes a mess of all their kit and makes changing or repairing the tyre a horrid job. yes they can be cleaned but tyre places will charge extra for this and they cant guarentee 100% success of the repair sticking to the inside of the tyre as the goo is very slippery.. plus also most tyres which have been run flat break up the inner wall of the tyre making it then scrap. This just happened to my OH who only drove 100 yards on a flat tyre and I saw the damage inside the tyre that was caused. I tow a caravan so could never rely and Goo anyway.

Edited by yesman
  • Like 3

Hey @yesman,

Agreed - I don't really see the goo as a viable alternative. A spare and a kit is the only way to go really. 

Would people recommend getting the spare from a skoda dealership.. what is their pricing like?

Cheers all,

G.

Update:

Went into the dealership today - they were very apologetic - they are ordering me a spare wheel and change kit and then delivering it to me this week. Can't say fairer than that!

Thanks for all the help :)

G.

• Like 1

Update:

Went into the dealership today - they were very apologetic - they are ordering me a spare wheel and change kit and then delivering it to me this week. Can't say fairer than that!

Thanks for all the help :)

G.

Great result, thats a few quid saved!!!

• Like 1