Excitement lost on new Yeti, thanks Skoda!

decuk

Needing to change my Octavia Vrs for s car my wife can drive as I can't for the foreseeable future.nwr we decided on the Yeti.Last week we went to our local family run dealer where we've bought 3 cars from.After test driving and long DISCUSIOM on which model, we said we'd think over the weekend in final choice. Went this week, played order fora Muscovado metallic. Left happy.

Then we get a call to say it's disconnect even though the dealer's system let them build it, it's in the current book etc. I had noticed it wasn't showing in the online web pages.

I rang Skoda UK and was told an EMAIL went out to all dealers on the 19th saying as of imeadiate effect that colour has been discontinued. So far my dealer hasn't found the email, but are searching. How can such an important thing be decided imeadiate and by a simple email.

So reluctantly we have chosen Petrol blue. Having come from a bright Rallye Green it's certainly a dark colour. What is happening to Skoda. Are they different afraid to have stand out colours and want to just blend in with other manufacturers.( Not that Rallye green would suit a Yeti). But it's only the Citi go that seems to be bright colours now..

So we are now getting a Yeti with an it's the "best" option available to us. Not terribly happy about it.

I have also gone with petrol blue, roll on October.

I guess the small print which says Skoda reserve right to modify specs, covers things like changing paint colours

Seem to be rationalising range further, already dropped special colour roofs

Petrol Blue was my choice for Yeti 1 but ended up with Shatk Blue which was also ok, but needed a stock car at the time,

For Yeti 2 wanted Jungle green, but SWMBO did not like the colour, in her eyes too brown! So came down to petrol Blue or moon white, after a lot of deliberation petrol Blue lost out to moon white, the showroom Yeti was in Petrol blue and looked good.

Maybe next time.

I do feel Skoda colour pallet is rather limited and conservative, would love to see some brighter bolder colours eg look at new Audi Q2 for inspiration.

Petrol Blue was my choice for Yeti 1 but ended up with Shatk Blue which was also ok, but needed a stock car at the time,

For Yeti 2 wanted Jungle green, but SWMBO did not like the colour, in her eyes too brown! So came down to petrol Blue or moon white, after a lot of deliberation petrol Blue lost out to moon white, the showroom Yeti was in Petrol blue and looked good.

Maybe next time.

I do feel Skoda colour pallet is rather limited and conservative, would love to see some brighter bolder colours eg look at new Audi Q2 for inspiration.

Audi do have the odd bright colour but in most cases it's varying shades of grey.

VWG have been doing this for ages - I had two Passat estates on the trot in virtually the same metallic blue because there was nothing else I fancied.

I like my current choices though!

I really like my Storm Blue, especially with the Gobi interior, but I guess from afar it looks too similar to Pacific Blue for it to be included in such a limited palette.

Personally I think metallic blue cars age very well :thumbup:

Yeah, that must be it.

Not like Skoda UK have been doing this for years or anything. Offering far less choices/spec/colours than other territories.

Not a brexit effect.

They have always had a far greater choice.

They did the same with the tangerine orange.

My first was muscovado, this one is petrol blue. Love it as the colour changes in different light.

My new one is quartz grey. SWMBO vetoed jungle green

Been suggested Jung free on her, it doesn't look like green on a car to me, more like a washed coffee with milk colour.

I e-mail Skoda UK and to the credit I received s call within hours. They say they got notice on Friday the same time as everyone else as they are all connected.The will forward my complaint to Skoda, I've told them they seem to have lost their way with bright colour. They have decided to blend in and not stand out. Unless you want a City go. Didn't get me anyway, as I expected

My friend has a petrol blue Yeti and it's a nice colour, especially if you keep it clean so it has a bit more "depth". :) Not as nice as my Jungle Green of course but a close second! :D I don't know how anyone can think the Jungle Green looks brown to be honest...

• Like 2

I don't know how anyone can think the Jungle Green looks brown to be honest...

As with most of the metallic colours it varies with the angle and level of the light. In certain it does look a bit brown but then my Muscovado used to look green under certain light!

Fred

Some like the "undercoat"grey that Skoda do, personally I'd want the top coat on???????? oops that's another discussion starting I think????.

its not only skoda / VAG that seem to be limiting colours

Hyundai are doing the same, they are bringing out a hybrid (Hyundai ioniq) in October but only offering 6 colours blue, orange, the rest are white, greys and silver. added to that only a single colour interior

This is the identical story on the SeatAteca forum I follow, lack of colours particularly bright colours. The additional comments are that the colours offered are the same or similar to some of the VW/ Skoda colours. New colours for Seat are, Jungle Green, Lava Blue, Mato Brown, Rodium Grey and Samoa Orange. Mediterranean Blue?

Maybe they've all employed clothes fashion designers. Autumn approached so colour go dull????. Could be a new trend. If you want a Yellow car, buy the spring edition. If you want white buy the Winter edition......