Might be defecting......ohhh, the shame, the humility... :D

As regular readers may know, I have loved and enjoyed my '51 plate VRS for nearly six years and 100,000 miles now.

In that time, she has delivered sterling service, been an absolute joy to own and drive, and only given me a FEW headaches along the way :D

I think I can safely say that, by a long chalk, she's been 'overall' the best car I have ever owned......and I have been fortunate to own some great cars too, Porsche 911 included. For the price I paid back in 2010 of two and a half grand, I have had my money's worth a thousand times over.

However. She is starting to show her age now, bless her, with 170k on the clock. Have had a few issues lately, and although it's not been anything horrendous, they are coming up a bit more frequently now. The bodywork and interior are looking tired as well.....

So. I THINK I am ready for a Mk. 3 now. I know, I know.....but it is the sensible thing to do. All is not lost though, as I may keep her and turn her into a track day weapon. Not sure yet!

Just posting to maybe say goodbye to my Mk. 1 friends on here potentially, although I won't abandon the forum for good. Meanwhile, give me your thoughts on this one I have found......not too bothered either way, but it is the sort of thing I am looking for, and ticks most of my boxes. I will have a diesel VRS with DSG over my dead body..... :D it has to be a manual petrol!

What does everyone reckon?

http://listers.co.uk/Used/Cars/Skoda/Octavia/2.0_TSI_vRS/212620

• Like 1

Suppose it makes sense to renew, I'm still undecided on the mk3, quite a nice car. Looks good inside.

I've been enjoying being back in a Seat and will be going for the Leon Cupra DSG next. Might also be worth a look? Very quick and with a bit more character I reckon.

It's up to you though mate, have some test spins, it is the right thing to do though before you get a massive bill for something.

I still remain a Freedom member despite now owning a Seat and reply fairly regularly in here...don't let it be goodbye!

• Like 1