mis fire

hi everyone i am new  to this sight ,all the info on here has been really helpful ,and i would like to get in on some of the topics if i may and add some new ones ,will start with this one as it has just happen ,so at very high revs like 5500 6000 i am getting a mis fire on 2.3.4 the car has had lots done to it its got a revo map its hitting 200hp which is low to some of you on here but am just getting started the car is a 2003 its done 135000 ,i have been told it might be the full pump as the garage said thay should be changed at 10000 miles ,so what do you think ?thanks for looking ,i have loads more too ask ,but will start with this one thanks all

Welcome to Briskoda.

Most common cause of misfire on VAG 1.8T's is failing coilpacks. It's the Fuel filter that should be changed every 10,000 miles not the fuel pump.

Worth a call to your local main dealer as there is a VAG coilpack replacement campaign running where they'll replace them free of charge if you have the effected revision fitted.

If you garage actually claimed that the fuel pump (not the filter) is a "service item", change your garage!!

As per #2, the most likely causes of a misfire are coilpacks or possibly bad spark plugs.

• Like 1

hi everyone i am new  to this sight ,all the info on here has been really helpful ,and i would like to get in on some of the topics if i may and add some new ones ,will start with this one as it has just happen ,so at very high revs like 5500 6000 i am getting a mis fire on 2.3.4 the car has had lots done to it its got a revo map its hitting 200hp which is low to some of you on here but am just getting started the car is a 2003 its done 135000 ,i have been told it might be the full pump as the garage said thay should be changed at 10000 miles ,so what do you think ?thanks for looking ,i have loads more too ask ,but will start with this one thanks all

thank for your replays had that recall on the coil's got them and new plugs, i should have said 100000 miles for fule pump next one the drivers door dose not work on key fob  or the light  when opening door ,also the wing mirror stopped working too  ,whats the box connected to the window motor could this be it whats its name and were could i get one

Mine has something similar at the minute (02 with 105k on it).. it's a 5.5k and also 6k mostly in 3rd.. I did a quick vag-com log the other night and its reading really high intercooler temps 65c when under load in 4th.. I have charged plugs, coilpacks, and fuel filter.. it had thrown one error code for running lean..  May swap the intercooler out and see.. maaybe it's blocked?

Are you still on the side mount intercooler? If so it maybe that you find the fins are clagged up with detritus after all these years so you're not getting effective air flow through the elements. Pikey wheel arch liner vent mod maybe worth considering too, search for it and you shall find threads going back years....

Edited by Leeboy