Rear bumper distorted from exhaust - How?

JWvrs25

I have a 1.2 56 plate Fabia which i bought not long ago, i noticed when i bought it that the bumper is bent around the exhaust pipe and I am guessing its due to the heat from the exhaust. What concerns me is why is the exhaust managed to be able to heat the bumper to the point where it melts out of shape?

Im wondering if there's a hole in the exhaust as it sounds as if its blowing from somewhere 

Anyone else had this happen to theirs?hF08m7.jpgg3muMi.jpg

I definately think its to do with the exhaust as the bent part of the bumber is sticking outwards so it cant have been reversed into something surely?

You can push the bumber back inwards towards the exhaust and that gives the correct shape of the bumper however it obviously wont stay like that when you let go.

Strangely enough there was another older fabia 1.2 for sale in the same dealer which had almost the exact same bumper shape as this one.

found these 2 pics of some for sale online both with 1.2 engines and the same bumper damage

I7mTGT.jpg

fsc709.jpg

Try pushing in at the height of the black trim strip while watching the lower edge. See whether it distorts more or less than it is now. I think you may find that a push there causes just what you have, but I could be wrong.

I'll have a look at ours in a bit, when I get up!

It's been pushed in on the drivers side you can see the marks from the reinforcement beam on it and the cut out gives the lower edge somewhere to bend from. Either that or the raw power from the 1.2 motor is just too much for it lol

The repair on the heat shield retainer should last a while though!

I did that as a quick fix to stop it rattling over speed bumps, as the fixings had rusted and caused the heatshield to come away

Wondered if anyone would notice :)

It's been pushed in on the drivers side you can see the marks from the reinforcement beam on it and the cut out gives the lower edge somewhere to bend from. Either that or the raw power from the 1.2 motor is just too much for it lol

the bumper is straight all the way across the middle just bent out along the bottom edge - cant really see how it could have been bent from hitting something.